Loops or Dangerous?

Jun 25, 2008
Hi,either way im gunna get one but I need YOU to help me decide.
I will either get both discs of D+M dangerous or get some loops thread and magician wax ( like 100ft of thread).Please do not tell me to get the loops because its cheaper. I want an honest opinion on which YOU like more.

Thanks,
Theguardian123456

Apr 9, 2008
Singapore
If you're a card guy, go for dangerous. It has more material for cards compared to loops. The tricks and flourishes taught in dangerous are great too.

LOOPS are not a good investment, if your just starting out you prob need 3 packs to learn then how much you want for performing. I would get one pack of LOOPS then a reel of Infinity thread, and make your own it will last you a lifetime. And if you want Gurellia Guide to Loops over at E. For Dangerous if you own all of d+M stuff Mystique is probally not for you. But for Motion if you are a flourisher deffentally get it.

JDEN

Dangerous looks like something great to get but loops are pretty good too. Just like the other guy said if you are going to be getting loops buy a pack or two and then make your own because it is so much easier then having to order them all the time.$$$$$$ If you are into mentalism there are some great tricks on the Geurilla guide to loops from E but dangerous would be the thing to get if you are into cards and cardistry. (Who isn't?)

D

Deleted member 2755

They are both amazing. I love loops. I also love Dangerous. You will love both.

-Doug

Oct 21, 2007
www.hi5.com
If your a card guy, get Dangerous. If your into PK effects then get Loops. A lot of people say that Loops aren't worth it, but with practice they are, I can now easily get a Loop to last me about 2 weeks. When you first buy them get a couple packs of them. Other people say to then get a spool of Infinity Thread, my opinion is to get Yigal Mesikas Thread Dispencer, or try them all out, Infinity Thread never really went to well with me, I prefer Yigal Meskas Thread. So I think you should try a couple out.

Axe

Apr 3, 2008
Buffalo, NY
I have to say, I tried loops one time but honestly, with some of the tricks that use these there are high chances they can break. I got good reactions with loops. But then when I recieved Dangerous, I thought to my self no these tricks arent gonna work but I practiced them anyway, and the tricks he shows gave me a lot more understanding in presentation as well as listening to your spectators, it also impressed a person and know I have a huge gig coming up in September. Not only does Daniel tell you the method he goes over varations as well as what to do patter wise. Also if you enjoy flourishing at all(you dont even have to be a full blown cardist) it is a real enjoyment to see all these flourishes. They are taught in perfact angles as well as things you might have problems with. The teaching is similar to the teaching of flourishes on the trilogy. I learned almost all the flourishes within the first week(now I just need practice). I can honestly say that you will be 100% sastified with your purchase of Dangerous. Loops I think you will regret and the main reason is, is that when your spectators see something move of "float" they allways suspect strings, and also loops being not extremly cheap for something thats going to break within the first day. Finally, if you end up purchasing Dangerous, you may want to look at other products by Daniel Madison on his website (danielmadison.co.uk). He has a very creative mind and a very different style that is a pleasure to learn.

Hopes this helps,
Alex W

Jan 27, 2008
Just think about it this way. Will loops make you a better magician? The answer is no, so I'd get dangerous. Although personally I wouldn't get Dangerous, I'd buy surfaced and the code, which will probably be much much better than that.

Jan 11, 2008
france
get loops hands down.

my opinion is that there are way too many card tricks out there. Dont get me wrong dangerous sounds awsome and Iam sure it has some great effects. But loops offers unlimited posibilities and you can really be creative with them, more importantly they offer you the possibility of doing something other than card tricks.

Just my opinion, however if you are more of a card guy than get dangerous.

Oct 28, 2007
i would say get dqangerous because it has so many great impromptu tricks in it and you can do them on the spot well most of them you can. loops breaks and you need certain lighting and tying them is just frustrating.

Tough choice.

Loops take practice, and if you don't learn to save 'em, they'll cost you a lot. When you're just starting out, you'll get a little depressed with how easily they break, because you'll expect them to be more sturdy than they are. But if you stick with it, watch the Guerrilla Guide, and practice, they open up a lot of possibilities. And because you can wear them on your wrist, and not use them until the middle of an act, people won't suspect you of using string. They really are brilliantly designed, and a lot of fun to use. I like them a lot.

That said, Dangerous is also very well done. I find myself using tricks off of Mystique quite often, and the Gambler's Cop is incredibly useful, once you have the confidence to do it. The real thing that it has over Loops is that all the material is basically impromptu.

It's up to you. Loops will cause you more frustration in the short run, but will take your magic in a new direction. Dangerous will teach you valuable sleights, neat routines, and sweet cardistry. Which do you want?

D

Deleted member 2755

get loops hands down.

my opinion is that there are way too many card tricks out there. Dont get me wrong dangerous sounds awsome and Iam sure it has some great effects. But loops offers unlimited posibilities and you can really be creative with them, more importantly they offer you the possibility of doing something other than card tricks.

Just my opinion, however if you are more of a card guy than get dangerous.

Thank you. :D

I have both Dangerous and Loops. I'm not sure what I would do in a situation where I had to choose either Dangerous or Loops. However, I will say that anybody that says "People suspect strings" needs to work on present an effect better. Please believe me when I say that Loops are amazing. People do not suspect strings at all unless there is something wrong with the way you are presenting an effect.

When using Loops, I commonly show my hands as empty as possible, I have the spectator shuffle the deck beforehand, and before I make the deck move move, I will commonly set my hands to the side of the deck and ask a spectator to wave their hands over the deck. (Because my hands are next to the deck and the loops are on my wrist, no one will hit the string.) Then... make the deck move move! Then show your hands empty again.

It's all about practice and presentation. Loops are awesome and I don't perform with them nearly as much as I used to. I really should. Loops open the door to so many possibilities.

As for loops being expensive... want a one time cost? This is a bit expensive, but a worthy investment as you will never have to buy loops again. Go to Penguin Magic, order the Million Dollar Knot and Infinity Thread. The knot is a knot that teaches you how to tie thread into a loop yourself. Infinity Thread
is a 6 MILE spool of thread. You will never run out!

I would get both Dangerous and Loops at some point. I'm not sure which one I would say to get first. However, people telling you not to get loops just simply did not work hard enough with them and practice a lot.

-Doug

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results