d+M :: Dangerous [V2 Motion] Review

Sep 1, 2007
San Francisco, CA
Sorry this took so long, but I've been pretty busy. Here's review on Volume 2 of Dangerous.

DVD Quality
Shot in HD, crystal clear picture, blah blah blah. You've heard this before...

9/10

Teaching
Excellent. It starts with teaching similar to Lethal, with no text or speaking. Just Daniel performing the cut very slowly. Then it switches to two angles at once, with text that pops up at difficult moments. Very helpful. Finally, Daniel gives tips on the flourish, usually about the knackiest parts and what you will have the most trouble with. This part is invaluable.

10/10

Flourishes
4Sybil
This is a variation on the Sybil Cut with an ace production added in. Not bad in my opinion, and I like the end display. It utilizes the PopSybil move, and the entire cut itself is fairly simple.

7/10

Sleepless
The first time I saw Daniel do this, I was like, "Woah...!" It looks amazing when he does it. It has a lot of quick motions and rolling packets. Not the easiest thing to do, but when you perform it smoothly and quickly it looks incredible. It also has a 4 card production built in.

7/10

Turnover
This is a quick but flashy flourish. It's fairly easy, but there is one move that will take some to get comfortable with. When performed well, it looks very smooth.

8/10

Downfall
Daniel explains that this came from making a mistake while practicing Turnover. It's basically the same motions, except there is more of an ariel aspect to it. A little bit harder because of a few knacky movements, but overall it isn't so bad.

8/10

Aries
I don't really like this one. It's pretty hard to get down right, and I think it looks too erratic and not smooth enough. I could see how someone would like this, but it's not the one for me.

6/10

Lethal
This is an awesome but difficult cut. It will take a long time to get smooth, but it looks so complex when performed right. This is one of those cuts that will make you look like a pro.

8/10

LethalX
A display utilizing parts of the Lethal flourish. I really like this, and I've been practicing it a lot. It's just as difficult as Lethal, but just as good looking. The only con is Daniel doesn't teach how to close the display. Guess I'll just have to keep it going all the time.

8/10

Guardian
This is such a gorgeous cut. It's in the same league as WOTB and TWOTMB, with a lot of spinning packets and smooth motions. Daniel's girlfriend calls it Butterfly, and I can definitely see why. This one is a keeper for sure.

9/10

Snap.d
This one makes me angry. Not because it's bad, just because it's so difficult and knacky. You will have to practice this until your fingers hurt in order to shoot is as long and high as Daniel does, and even then you won't be able to get it every time. This is just pure knack, but when you can actually do it it can replace the Hot Shot.

7/10

Mayhem
This is a tough one. It's long and complex, and uses a lot of difficult moves. You'll definitely have to practice this a lot, but it looks really nice when you can do it smoothly.

7/10

Fly
This is a variation of Mayhem that utilizes a two card display. I think it's very cool looking, but it's very difficult. Get Mayhem down smoothly before you attempt this one.

7/10

Stone
This one definitely caught my eye in the preview. It has a lot of nice aerials, and uses a concept I've never seen before: using part of your arm to cut a packet. As joecarr said in his review, when Daniel shows it without any aerials it looks a lot like DnD's West Coast Chaos. Overall it's pretty easy, but expect to drop cards when you're first practicing.

8/10

Symphony
This was a big one from Lethal. It's a little outdates and looks like a lot of the stuff around now, but when Daniel performs it you can really see it shines through. It has a few knacky parts, but overall not too hard. It uses an extended swing cut that may take a little while to get down.

7/10

Cylinder
This looks a lot like Symphony, and pretty much has all of the same comments. Not too hard, but there are a few knacky parts like the swivel off the pinky.

7/10

Bicycle
I really like this one. It too comes from Lethal, and I can see why. Packets just keep rolling and rolling off the fingers like the wheel of a bicycle, and it's pure eye candy when done fast. It may take a little while to build up the speed and smoothness you will need, but it's well worth it. Definitely an eye catcher.

8/10

Diabolique
It's similar to Bicycle, except you add a revolution cut after ever spin, making it false. You will need to be very confident with your revolution cut, as it needs to be performed lightning fast.

7/10

Twisted Rain
This is Daniel's favorite cut from the DVD, and I can see why. It has a quick cut sequence followed by a beautiful aerial of a spread packet off the back of the arm. The aerial will take some time to get right, but that's the only really difficult part of the cut.

8/10

Twisted Rain 2
This is the same as TR, except instead of a spread aerial, several packets are broken onto the back of the arm and are thrown and caught. The breaking of the packets interrupts the flow of the cut, so the original TR looks better in my opinion.

7/10

Sybil in the Rain
Everybody has seen this cut. A sybil motion with a packet off the chin. It looks very cool and it isn't too hard. You will have to experiment with the packet on the chin because it will feel awkward, but I got it down in a day or two. The cut then transitions into Downfall, making a nice closer. One of my favorites for sure.

9/10

DropSybil
This is another one of my favorites. It goes from a normal 5 Faces of Sybil into a genius aerial. The first throw will take some time to get right, but other than that it's really simple.

9/10

SybilHelix
It looks cool when Daniel does it, but I just can't seem to get it right. It uses a few Sybil-esque cuts, and then has a nice 360˚ spin of the top packet. It's difficult to get the spin right as the packet is usually larger than optimal, but just practice.

7/10

Overall
This was an excellent purchase. For an intermediate flourisher, I could understand the majority of the material. The production quality was top notch, and this has to be one of my favorite purchases from t11. Amazing work, guys. Also, props to Daniel for coming up with such amazing material. My respect for you has only risen.

David Misner

JoeCarr

Banned
Jan 6, 2008
Manchester
nice review, takes ages doesn't it?

i agree with all said there, great purchase, love the moves, good to see some originality, and nice one reviewing each flourish seperately, i combined some as it was getting just too long... :)

good job

(y)

Sep 2, 2007
Are any of the flourishes not incredibly hard to do? Cause I need to learn a good sybil and this dvd seems to have a few variations. Thanx in advance :)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results