Saturday Night Contest - theory11 roundtable : Andrei Jikh

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
Tis Saturday night, tis time for a contest, and tis time for me stop saying tis. Tonight marks our fourth theory11 roundtable discussion, and this one will be done a little differently than the others. Listen to our previous discussions with Wayne Houchin, Tom Isaacson, and Dan and Dave. We'll be doing many more of these in the weeks to come.

In celebration of our newest theory11 artist, our host tonight is the one, the only, the Andrei Jikh. We'll be taking questions from you guys directly. Ask any question you wish (on topic and relevant), and we will try to get to as many questions as possible within 20 minutes of discussion.

What does that mean? There is no "prizes" per say this week (other than the chance to interact with Andrei directly and learn), as we'll be going through as many questions as we possibly can within that 20 minute timespan. If we can get to every question, we will. All questions must be relevant and appropriate.

All questions must be posted in response to this thread by 10:00pm EST - this is when we will start recording. The podcast will be posted at 11:00pm EST in this forum thread.

Sep 2, 2007
???
Why cards? How did you get interested in something like cardistry, when it is an apparently "fringe" hobby in comparisson to anything else in the standard world?

Nov 10, 2007
As a successful magician, what advice would you give to aspiring young magicians trying to break into the world of professional magic?

Dec 22, 2007
Long Island, New York
1. Where do you find inspiration for the flourishes you create?

2. Who's your biggest influence in the cardistry community?

On a side note, does JB remind anyone else of Jason on The George Lopez Show?

Jan 31, 2008
-What REALLY happened in 2005 with the HL world tourney?

-Where do you pick up inspiration?

-What is the hardest move for you to do? (XCM/cardistry related)

-When will you release your first 1-on-1, and what move will it be?

-What are your thoughts on the naming and claiming issue that's been going on lately?

That all I can think of for now....

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 15, 2007
Ada Oklahoma
1. A personal question: When you moved here to the states at age 9, what was the feelings you had towards moving?

2. I know you have have been into cardistry for a while, but how long exactly has it been since you started?

3. Have you ever been in a situation where you feel something along the lines of: "What am I doing with this..?" or "Why am I into cards so much?"

-SM

I dont want to sound retarded or out of the lingo... but honestly i have never heard of you until Theory11 released you so my question is...
Who the hell are you!? lol

I say that with the most of love. But yea seriously, Who are you?
I dont want to sound like a jerk, i just want to know about you.

Okay now #2 is...
How do you come up with those crazy flourishes cuz i have never seen some stuff like that.

If you had to have a makeout session with a member of theory11 who would it be? lol... Excluding Katie E lol.

Sep 1, 2007
UK
I have a feeling not many people will participate in this contest...

Like me...? Not because there is no prize, but because I don't actually really know who Andrei Jikh is. All I know is that he seems to be a phenomenal flourisher (And I'm not all that into flourishing, which is why I probably don't know anything about him). :p

Okay, here's one...

Who are you? xD

Many thanks,
Huruey

Edit: CardGuy90, you beat me to it :p

Sep 1, 2007
Belgrade, Serbia
What made you choose Devo style over Dan and Dave style? I know that this is you own style, but your role model was Devo. Why him instead of twins?

to you Andrei Jikh.

Andrei Jikh, I don't know much about you beside you're a magician. So, I want to know a bit more about you, before you're magician, what was your dream that you want to be when you're grow up? and when you learn your 1st trick and have a dream to be a magician, what was your back-up plan if your dream wasn't come true?

I pretty sure all of us have a back-up plan in case your 1st plan doesn't work.

Tricky Devil

Sep 1, 2007
You have some very unique flourishes that you have created. When you create, do you have a desired visual quality in mind or do you just fool around and see what happens?

PhilTheMagician

Elite Member
Oct 14, 2007
Q1 ) What would be one thing you would like the magic community to know about you that isn't mentioned in your profile?

Apr 28, 2008
Do you often perform flourishes for a live audience? If you do, how do they respond to flourishing, do they get bored quite quickly or will they watch for quite some time?

Jan 31, 2008
Also dudes try to make sure you're not repeating any questions already posted by reading through the thread :) I'm sure it'll help sort out the questions that'll be used....

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results