D&D - The System

the system was actually the first flourish dvd i learnt from. I had no prior knowledge to flourishing before i picked it up. the moves should be a different style compared to XB (someone correct me if i'm wrong). you'll get quite a ton of material to keep you just as busy.

I also feel that System should actually equip you with a number of flourishes that can actually be changed or adapted to help you create other flourishes and stuff. Quite the stepping stone i must say :p

they're both two different things. they won't have any duplicate flourishes, but in Trilogy, you can see some flourishes which have actually (i guess you can say) "evolved" from the ones taught in the System.

you also have to remember that the Trilogy not only teaches you flourishes, but also magic routines and miscellaneous items that the twins have come up with or have had permission to teach. the trilogy also has a section called "Flourishing 101" which briefly goes over some basic flourishes like the Sybil, one handed revolution, Lee Asher's "ripper", etc.

hope that helps.

Sep 1, 2007
Los Angeles, California
Both have some difficult moves some have easier. Of course the System have more easier moves than the Trilogy. But System also has some b*tchy moves like Rev. E, Madonna 1, etc.

Jul 3, 2008
as someone says here the teaching avrage but still im sure you learn easly few cuts there, but theres few that the teaching not helping so much

May 8, 2008
haha i've been working on madonna 1 for quite some time. It's good but it's not perfect.

I was smart and started with that flourish. :]

Apr 9, 2008
Singapore
The teaching method used in the system is not as good as compared to the trilogy. However, it does teach alot of flourishes which you can use to create your own flourishes.

Oct 9, 2007
Australia
well after buying trilogy, I fell that the system is a much better place to start your flourishing finesse. The move s that you will learn are much more fundamental.

Well that's my opinion at least.

Good luck

Abu

D

Deleted member 2755

On Lethal Daniel uses finger gestures and it's overall easier to understand.

Agreed. I learned Lethal and Lethal X both in the same day. (They aren't smooth yet of course. It used to take me 30 seconds to do Lethal X. Now I can do it in just a few seconds.) His flourishes will take a while to get down and smooth, but it is completely worth it.

-Doug

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results