Surfaced - First Impressions

Aug 31, 2007
Did the DVD come in any fancy packaging like the trilogy did or is it just a normal DVD case?

Hey,

I've seen a few clips of people attempting the Clipshift after purchasing the DVD and I noticed they tend to bend/crimp the deck a lot when holding it. Is that something that you have to do or just to make the shift easier?

-RA69

I think I can answer that one.

The bend/crimp is used to ensure that only one card comes free when you are performing the clipshift.

I would assume that it either gets easier to hide, or becomes less necessary as the performer practices.

Jun 10, 2008
Did the DVD come in any fancy packaging like the trilogy did or is it just a normal DVD case?
I'd say the packaging qualifies as fancy- Includes color booklet as well.
Hey,

I've seen a few clips of people attempting the Clipshift after purchasing the DVD and I noticed they tend to bend/crimp the deck a lot when holding it. Is that something that you have to do or just to make the shift easier?

-RA69

I don't see any real reason to excessively bend or crimp the pack...

Sep 3, 2007
I've received my dvd and watched quite a bit of it. Allen_m, have you sat down with a deck of cards and tried to follow along yet? Or just basing difficulty on what you've watched?

Peace.

Jun 10, 2008
I've received my dvd and watched quite a bit of it. Allen_m, have you sat down with a deck of cards and tried to follow along yet? Or just basing difficulty on what you've watched?
Peace.

Oh I've tried it w- cards. Hoping to practice more today... So, I'll be posting less :p

Aug 31, 2007
Wait... where do you guys live?
I live in the same state as them and I didn't receive mine.

Some of the DVDs where shipped on Thursday and the other DVDs are going to be shipped on Tuesday. So if you ordered late then it probably hasn't shipped yet.

Dec 30, 2007
Wow, this is looking like an excellent utility move (would you call it that?) I guess I'll have to order the DVD. By the way- does anyone have a rough date on the opening of the new site? If it won't be for a while, I'll just order the signed DVD- but if it's soon, I'll wait and get the unsigned with some Smoke and Mirrors and other goodies from the Dan and Dave shop!

Sep 1, 2007
Well it says on the site it's going to open this week...and it's Sunday night, so if they're true to their word it should open in the next few hours, before it turns Monday in Cali.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results