theory11 MEGA UPDATE : Battle System

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
If I decline the challenge, will it be counted as a lose and recorded in my account?

Nope - only challenges that you accept can improve or diminish your rank. In simplest form, if you win a challenge, you win some points. If you lose a challenge, you lose some points.

May 8, 2008
Cumbria, UK
This sounds ace (pun not intended but noticed after and intentionally kept in (Quote Derren Brown tricks of the mind)) so I guess I'll have ta get the vid cam out soon...

Sep 2, 2007
I suggest some changes to the T11 Battle system :
- a member should be able to create an battle as an "open room". He would describe the rules and would not have to "duel" someone but leave the slot blank
- following my previous idea, there should be some kind of list of battles available. Any member would be able to check the battles available and their rules on that list. Then, a member could choose to join one battle or another.

That system might solve the problem of multi-threads on Battles.

I hope I was clear enough.

Oct 6, 2007
Personally, I feel this whole battling thing was lame ever since I heard about people doing it years ago.

My opinion is expressed from a magic point of view- as in, flourish battles are fine, because that's pretty much the only way to judge who's better.

However, with magic, I believe the battles are just degrading the whole art.

I mean, you're filming yourself doing something with nobody watching, and talking to a camera.

And let's say you do some "street magic battle" or whatever...How do you judge reactions? How can you say someone felt magician X's trick was better than magician Y's? This can only be done if you could realy get into someone's mind, which unfortunately, a camera cannot do.

I have many more reasons why battling is not good, but my mind is blocked right now.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results