Ending A Good Performance

Jun 27, 2008
Illinois
I would like to ask how you recomend ending an otherwise good performance. I am good with people and they generaly seem to like me but i am having an issue with ending a performance smoothly and walking away. usually i do restraunt magic so i say something that goes with the last trick and tell them to engoy the rest of thier meal and walk away, but i have realized i am having a problem with other situations and senarios. please help. thanks.

Sep 1, 2007
Generally if I'm working with card magic (which is pretty much all I do) is I'll end with a deck vanish and say smething along the lines of "...and without my deck, I guess I can't do much more..So thank you very much for watching, my name is Lucas, have a nice evening."

I find that a deck vanish is the obvious ending for anny card workers routine. Hard hitting, simple, and leaves you with no where to go.

Jun 27, 2008
Illinois
LucasCG that is very very nice, simple but it has style. i like it. as for the rest of you who view this thread please comment, new ideas never hurt.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 21, 2007
Boulder, CO, USA
There's really no right way to end a performance. You don't have to come up with an ellaborate and clever way to wrap things up if it puts strain on you and your performance. Just say thank you and leave. Heck if you have just done something astonishing and your audience is in silent disbelief don't say anything at all just turn and walk away.

Apr 15, 2008
When I'm working in restaurants i finish with David Stone's Ghost. It requires a little setup, but I'm sure you'll find a way to do it.

Effect:
The magician fails to find the selection and asks the spectator to hold the wrong card. When the spectator later looks at the card it's his/her selection. Then the magician puts the card back in the deck and the deck vanishes, leaving the four cards of the kind the person selected.

When the deck vanishes I say; "But if i squeeze the deck, all the cards disappear except for four, the four of a kind with the card you selected. This means I've got to go to the next table before I disappear aswell. Thank you."

This ending is always great, as it gets awesome reactions every time. Highly recommend you give it a try.

Dec 13, 2007
Atlanta,Georgia
typically when i am ending a performance i will do a "hands off" trick which means you hand the deck to the spectator for the entire trick. These tricks may require set up but are worth the reactions after the trick is completed say "Ladies and gentlemen i would like to let you know that your applause is being recorded and i must move on to another table" this will show your employer that you are well accepted. Some good "hands off" tricks can be found in david blaines mysterious stranger.

Apr 1, 2008
to quote Robert Giobbi: leave your audiance wanting more..
so I like to end with Believe and just leave the card and say 'have a nice meal' or something like that (leave them to turn over the card when you leave or have left^^)

or alternative I like to use the invisible deck and leave them astound, it doesn't ever get better then that trick in my opinion ^^

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results