Intermediate Card Magician looking for new material

Sep 2, 2007
Puerto Rico
Hi, i am an intermediate-advanced Card magician looking for new material. I am not really interested in those 1 trick DVD's unless they are really worth it, i am looking something like The Trilogy (by the way already own it, incredible DVD).
I saw some material from Joshua Jay that looks very good, and they were: Talk about tricks, and joshua jay close up, up close. If someone recommends them please tell me.
I would also like to know other material that some of you people may recommend me.

Thank you,
Rafa

Oct 21, 2007
Boulder, CO, USA
I would agree, One is definately a good resource. If you like Madison's stuff I would also definately recommend his Dangerous DVD's, one of the best purchases I have made in a while.

Jul 2, 2008
Austin, TX
Jay Sankey's "Hypervisual" DVD will teach you some fun and useful color changes and it comes with some gaffes that help you utilize those changes for really cool effects. Plus I think it's still on sale for $25.

Bill Malone's "Sam the Bellhop" DVD is an indisputable classic and you'll learn a handful of very useful and deceptive false shuffles, along with how to really inject rhythm and personality into your performances.

Joshua Jay's "Talk About Tricks" DVD is definitely a worthwhile investment if you're willing to put down the money (and I guess if you already own the Trilogy, you are!).

Of course, if you're interested in spending high-two/three figures on magic, you MUST have Paul Harris's Art of Astonishment trilogy of books. Hundreds of pages, dozens of mind-blowing effects. If you can only get one book, get Volume 2. The Bucks Trilogy is an important new treasure, but they've got nothing on Harris's trilogy. It's 100% classic, and every magician should own it.

Sep 1, 2007
Anything from John Guastaferro is pure gold - Second Storm DVDs or lecture notes are really solid. I do have to say that his first set of DVDs - Brainstorm - for me were a bit better though. I regularly use several items from John G's publications in my paid performances and they kill.

You may want to get some magic magazines, if you're willing to put 70$ and above, this is the best bang for money you could get.

The Magic Menu is now released as one volume ( I think), if you plan to do resturants, this is the magazine that specilizes in this field.

Apoclypse magazine is simply amazing. Get vol.1 for a start ( so you can watch how the mag. evolved through out the 20 years of its publication!). The mag. is one of my best investments, the magic is great ( over 400 pages for the first vol.)

Good luck.

Sep 2, 2007
Puerto Rico
Thank you guys a lot, I think i am going with Daniel Madison's PDF One, and if i like it I will then check out his Dangerous DVD and later his other PDF's. The look very nice with really good tricks

Thank you,
Rafa

Justin.Morris

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Canada
www.morrismagic.ca
As far as "1 trick" dvd's , Stigmata was one of the best, most used purchases because of the versatility and the routines are great.

If you are looking for something new, I would recommend either Paul Harris' Art of Astonishment series. Or Gregory Wilson's On the Spot DVD. Fantastic material that will expand your horizons as a magician, that fit in your skill level.

j

Hi, i am an intermediate-advanced Card magician looking for new material. I am not really interested in those 1 trick DVD's unless they are really worth it, i am looking something like The Trilogy (by the way already own it, incredible DVD).
I saw some material from Joshua Jay that looks very good, and they were: Talk about tricks, and joshua jay close up, up close. If someone recommends them please tell me.
I would also like to know other material that some of you people may recommend me.

Thank you,
Rafa

I can really recommend Talk about tricks as a wonderful dvd set that will teach you lot of new moves and tricks. Joshua is great performer, thinker and teacher so you can´t go wrong with his stuff...

Apr 1, 2008
card college (vol 3 -5) is good if you already know the basics
the "Easy to master card miracles" dvd are like the best in my opinion
pick up the one with MacDonalds aces as bonus (the best Ace-transposition in my opinion)!!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results