T11 is too worried about flourishes?

May 13, 2008
St Albans, UK
I don't think it matters that much. If people want to display their flourishing skills why should others stop them.
I am personally not into flourishing simply because i prefer magic but i still love watching the Bucks do their stuff.
I think there is more flexibility when making a video of flourishes; when you perform magic you can't cut to a different angle because everyone will accuse you of cheating. There is more flair in editing and more room for improvisation in flourishes.

Mar 7, 2008
I wasnt aware that this site was created for spectators to enjoy and learn from.

This site is for magicians and just because spectators dont appreciated flourishes as much a lot of them really do enjoy them. I dont practice flourishes for my spectators i practice it because its fun and i think it looks cool. I find it infinitely more fun to practice than magic.

If you really want magic go to E. they have a new DVD out like every week.

what the hell . i found your last remark quite immature. ass .

in my opinion flourishing is something i really dont like and would not like to see often, but i suppose you gotta please everyone., and i would prefer to see more people like myself posting up tricks in the media section instead of a million of the same flourshes.

Sep 1, 2007
well now thats not entirely fair either, actually decknique is going pretty strong now.

they bought the media system but they couldn't buy the members...

I'm getting sick and tired of these threads of constant complaints about "too many flourishes on T11" ... lets look at the simple facts there are 2 flourish dvds on t11 at the moment and they are not even entirely flourish dvds .. because they come with magic as well .. both the Trilogy and Dangerous are both Magic and Flourishes. apart from those 2 products there are 8 other products on T11, all of them Magic.

Andrei is the only artist that i have seen on here that concentrates on Flourishes and Manipulation, which is not to say that he doesn't do Magic because he does... if you dont like it guess what .. YOU DONT HAVE TO BUY IT... just ignore it and move on.

im tired of the ppl that are constantly looking for the "New" effect on the market like its going to elevate their Magic to another level .. when instead they should be perfecting their other tricks/sleights instead of complaining.

-Abraham
Woot. Woot. I strongly agree
tbh, the best things being sold on this site are the flourishes....
woot. Once again correct.
im kinda tired of all the flourish videos in the media section, somone should put some more magic there.
Then move your lazy ass and start making videos. Stop complaining and do something.

hm.... i dont know.. there are still MORE magic than flourishes here.
i think pure magicians are getting threatened by the sudden rise on cardistry..
chill... if you want more magic.. invent.
If there was a rep system here.:) All these old time magicians are getting annoying. Daniel said it in his video. THese old time magicians don't want to go with the change but trying to something the change to them.:)
I don't think it matters that much. If people want to display their flourishing skills why should others stop them.
I am personally not into flourishing simply because i prefer magic but i still love watching the Bucks do their stuff.
I think there is more flexibility when making a video of flourishes; when you perform magic you can't cut to a different angle because everyone will accuse you of cheating. There is more flair in editing and more room for improvisation in flourishes.
Hooray. If only more magicians were like you.:)

well now thats not entirely fair either, actually decknique is going pretty strong now.

they bought the media system but they couldn't buy the members...
DEcknique for life! IT's still going strong.

Jan 31, 2008
Hmmm... personally, this site is becoming over run with flourishes, especially with The new guy, Andre. This site needs to bring out more tricks, It is good to see D+M and Bucks making flourish vids, but i think they need to concentrate on MAGIC.

-stan

You could have at least had the decency to spell his name right.

That statement is pure ignorance I'll agree with c3rb3rus, if you go to the artist page right now you'll see Andrei is the ONLY pure "flourisher", everybody else does magic, also the magic dvds far out number the flourish dvds, same with the 1-on-1's. Damn n00bie 'old-school' magician....

And, uh, this site never was underground although when it started off some of the members thought that since it was "underground" it wouldn't show up on search engines lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Jun 14, 2008
Okay, not making a personal comment here as I agree with your point of view, but Sleight_of_Hand, when you just make bold the text that suits you it seems biased eg. , let's remove what you bolded and bold a different part of the same text i.e.

what does theory11 mean?

theory11 is a group of 11 individuals united in a strategic alliance under one goal, one mission, and one objective: to advance the art of magic.

Every product you see on theory11 is produced in house by our elite team of industry-leading performers, creators, editors, and producers.

Guided by some of the best creators in the magic industry, this site is your key to the epicenter of online magic training & card flourishing.

As I said at the start, I think that there is plenty of magic, i.e when you have mastered all the (magic) material available here you should be able to send someone into shock, I mean look at Believe, Distortion, the Trilogy and Mystique. Honestly, no offense or anything stanhimself but I think you make a weak point.

PS: No beef Sleight_Of_Hand I just hate bias and I'm sure it was unintentional.

Yeah but spectators wanna see magic, not you just flourishing all the time, It may be good, but i find that it is going to over run magic soon, and nobody will care about actual tricks, they will just go do some sybils and some molecule cuts.

They do think its cool, but too many can just overate it.

Yeah but spectators wanna see magic, not you just flourishing all the time, It may be good, but i find that it is going to over run magic soon, and nobody will care about actual tricks, they will just go do some sybils and some molecule cuts.

They do think its cool, but too many can just overate it.

What are you saying? Just because people make flourishing videos doesn't mean they perform it for spectators. No one flourishes only. Flourishing has been around more than 80 years and nothing has changed. Just because a few internet guys make magic videos, and magic sites sell a few flourishing dvds does not mean that it will overrun magic. These websites are not the entire magic community. If you actually go out you would see that there are tons of conventions, groups, clubs that probably don't even know what has happened in the last few years online. One more thing. People like flourishes. If you've seen Dangerous, Daniel does a few flourishes for the spectators and they get surprised. Yeah if you do constant flourishes for like 5 minutes people will get bored. But who does that. Not even devo does that. He throws in his de' ring. So yeah. :confused:

Sep 3, 2007
Hmmm... personally, this site is becoming over run with flourishes, especially with The new guy, Andre. This site needs to bring out more tricks, It is good to see D+M and Bucks making flourish vids, but i think they need to concentrate on MAGIC.

-stan
I challenge you to a flourish battle.

Sep 1, 2007
Yes, but he can/does pure XCM routines along with Jerry....

Darian is correct, if you are good enough at XCM, you can get paid WAY more than your typical magician, and you can totally put together a show of just XCM. it just takes a lot of practice.

Vinnie C.

cardistry moderator / t11
Aug 31, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
It's as simple as this: the magic still outweighs the flourishing on this site. Why are the magicians complaining?

About De'vo: he has said on a number of occasions that he uses magic to accent his XCM, keeping XCM as the focus.

But however you slice it, magic in any quantity is the real crowd-pleaser. Flourishes are great, but they're a selfish hobby, and the spectators tire after a short time. Throw in some magic, and you've got 'em. :)

This is taken from experience. Though I no longer do either art.

-Vince

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results