Social Distortion by Andrew Mayne

Sep 1, 2007
I couldn't find any reviews of this effect, so I'm asking that anyone who owns it put one up. I'm very, very intrigued by this and was wondering if its something I should invest in considering my climbing interest in mentalism.

I want to know how clean it is, if there are any drawbacks that I will need to overcome, and how versatile it is (i.e. how easily can it be adapted to different styles of presentation).

Sep 1, 2007
It's a very clean effect. In looks and mechanics. It's very adaptable to all situations. It can be done close up all the way to a closing effect on stage.

This effect is more about presentation then anything. The performer is what really sells the effect and what makes it a potential closer for a mentalism routine.

You must have experience performing. I don't mean, for friends and family. I mean, at minimum, a solid year of real live performances for strangers.

It's definitely a grade A product and routine, but someone that lacks presentational skills will totally kill the effect and instantly dislike it and probably will end of blaming the product when it's really their fault. It's one of those types of effects.

If have experience under your belt and are willing to put your all into performing this, this effect can close any stage act. I highly recommend it to those who are worthy.

-Dave-

Edited - Didn't realize it was you Steerpike haha. From what I know of you, you shouldn't have a problem performing this. I'll leave what I said up though for anyone else that may be curious and read this.

Feb 24, 2008
i got it and i didnt like it at all. its definatly not what i expected.

Last edited by a moderator:
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results