Doesn't this effect look VERY similar to T11's Prophet?

Jun 10, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
My dear lord.
Look, slow burn has been out for years. Richard Sander's is a complete genius (fact) and wouldn't ever resort to ripping someone else off. He has recently re vamped the effect as well, and is marketing it as 'extreme burn'. While his effect pre dates 'prophet'-by a long shot- they are both based on the effect 'easy money'.
Richard Sanders' material is a goldmine of strong, visual, commercial, and diabolically thought out material, and is well worth your time and effort.

C!

Jun 10, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
That's cool man, but seriously, you're gonna make enemies of people if you say thing's like that when it's totally unwarranted.... just do some digging next time. I would suggest you brush up on your magic history.

On the plus side, you say you're relatively new to the art, then you should DEFINITELY check out Sanders' stuff; He has alot of material that is hard hitting and well within the reach of intermediate student's.

C!

That's cool man, but seriously, you're gonna make enemies of people if you say thing's like that when it's totally unwarranted.... just do some digging next time. I would suggest you brush up on your magic history.

On the plus side, you say you're relatively new to the art, then you should DEFINITELY check out Sanders' stuff; He has alot of material that is hard hitting and well within the reach of intermediate student's.

C!

members of the forum often seem to think that everything originates from Theory11. Prophet is by no means original and that is also stated in the advertisment for this trick.

Deechristopher

theory11 moderator
Yeah, Rich has some great stuff and is a great guy - Me, Sanders, Kasrani and Ben Williams at BP08...it was SICK.

Extreme Burn also uses a little extra something which prophet does not, if you thought that the Prophet handling was easy, wait till you play with E.B.

Both AWESOME effects. Buy Everything. :p

D.

Jun 10, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
So there you go... get the richard sanders show DVD's first, OR if you can find 'when creator's collide' get that. Collabarative effort between Sanders and Jay Sankey (you might have heard of him).

Chr!s

Nov 23, 2007
NC
The Magic Ian;
i am relativly new to magic compared to most of you and that was something that i didnt know... that was why i asked.... i am sorry for being "ignorant" about asking a question about something i knew nothing about...

Don't be sorry. They were wrong to flame you like that for asking a question. These forums are here for magicians to help each other.

The reason they are doing it is because it has been talked about a lot. Chr!s is correct though. As you are new, search around a little first as a lot of the questions you have others have probably had and talked about.

First. Try looking in the Products Questions section (where this thread should have been by the way:eek:) for anything with Prophet in the thread title.

Also, try the Product Reviews section. A lot of times people will read the reviews and ask questions in the thread to the reviewer as they know they own it. Either way dont be afraid to ask if you dont know.

senchi
members of the forum often seem to think that everything originates from Theory11. Prophet is by no means original and that is also stated in the advertisment for this trick.

Oh really? Then I'm sure you can give me just one example where a forum member said that it "originates from Theory11".
Throwing blanket comments and generalizations out about what "forum members think" is unfair and untruthful as each member has a mind of their own.

It's quite clear and Tom even says that its his handling based of the effect Easy Money.

Sep 1, 2007
The Windy City
Extreme Burn and Prophet are variations of Pat Page's Easy Money, which was invented in the 1960s. Richard Sanders released his latest variation a while ago, Extreme Burn. Theory11 later released Prophet. There is no copying or stealing here, the methods are very different, even though the changes look very similar. I personally think Extreme Burn is the way to go, but Prophets not bad either.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results