By Forces Unseen

Michael Kras

{dg} poet laureate / theory11
Sep 12, 2007
Canada
www.magicanada.myfastforum.org
I don't own the book but I have heard that the material in it is mostly advanced card work... more difficult than what the Bucks present on their DVDs and PDFs. So I woudln't recommend it unless you are up for an enormous challenge.

Feb 21, 2008
In Your Closet
I don't own the book but I have heard that the material in it is mostly advanced card work... more difficult than what the Bucks present on their DVDs and PDFs. So I woudln't recommend it unless you are up for an enormous challenge.

Most of the Bucks' stuff is at my skill level, so I suppose I could try out this book.

Nov 17, 2007
Hahaha. You have no idea how hard this book is. Buying it was a very big mistake for me. I saw that very same video and was like impromptu? Hell yeah! I'm getting this. Then, I heard it was pretty hard. I still thought I would enjoy a good challenge. Nooooooo. LOL. Everything is incredibally hard, I can't even explain. BUT, that is just me. I don't know how advanced you are at card magic so I'm not to judge. Since I mainly specialize in flourishing, this book just wasn't for me. Hope this helped and didn't just scare you. I'm just giving you my experience. =) If you do buy it, just know that it is VERY HARD to master.

Sep 1, 2007
Houston TX
This book is great!
Take the time to learn exactly what he teaches.
if you have trouble with it try email the bucks or ricky smith for help (they are experts on that book)

i think it was definitely worth it

i myself will say i'm very good with cards so it all came pretty easy for me (but definitely with some practice)

Sep 1, 2007
Leicester, UK
www.youtube.com
Hard to master? Oh hell yes. :p Impossible to master? No, not at all. But pretty darn close.

Seriously though, this book is for the intermediate-advanced card worker and is ideally suited for sit-down table magic. I bought this book a while back and the one routine I've got almost down (No way performable yet) is JackSyna(ces)pse. An excellent four card transposition in my opinion.

There are some excellent sleights in there, my favourite two of which are the Bow-to-Stern control and the Longitudinal Swivel Steal which is a very smooth steal from the center of the deck.

Add on top of this that the whole 2nd half of the book is practically dedicated to stack shuffling (which isn't all that hard to do, but hard to get smooth) then it's a real gem of a book and one for the ages.

If you're intermediate-advanced and like a challenge I'd pick up this book. If you're upper intermediate, then you can pick up this book but expect to spend a lot of time practicing (and I mean a lot) and a while of not reading it until you think you can take on one of your favourite routines. :)

- Sean

Sep 1, 2007
Florida.
I really think this book is made for The Mindfreak Criss angel, hes probably the only one who can do it.

Stop talking, now.

This book is ridiculous.
Don't buy this book in search of "workers" because I highly doubt you will find one. The closest thing to a "worker" is Proteus, which is still hard, if you plan on using the exact method.
This stuff, IMO, is for magicians only. If you can pull off some of this stuff, its like a "right of passage".
There are much simpler and probably better things out there suited for you, go find some. ( <-- That ending sounded mean, not supposed to though)

Jan 26, 2008
Sweden
Maybe if we puts Criss Angel and David Blaine and like Brad Christian and Bill malone and Oprah in a cloning machine and like make them to one big person, all their skill combined would still have problems with the book. Its that hard.

It is true that this is not a book of "workers", but it most definitely is a one that will amaze you and remind you why you like magic.
Everything in this book is soo clever! I am sure that you will enjoy and have fun with it. I have many books on magic but this one is still top 5.

Think about it!!!

Look,
Just think about it Dude. I'm new, but after reading the posts I believe that if you aren't going to be getting it now cause it's too hard, you will get it later when you have the experience. So you might as well buy it now and save time. If it turns out to be too hard, then just practice it and the problem is over.

Think first, act later

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results