How do you dribble cards?

Dec 10, 2007
Hey guys, I know this sounds like a stupid question but i cant dribble cards the way that i would like to. I've always dribbled cards from the corners but ive noticed that in surfaced and the trilogy they dribble from the short ends of the cards. This makes it a lot easier to get in and out of the clip shift. For example after i do the last vanish of the queens i would like to be able to dribble the cards with out having to regrip the cards.

I find its a LOT harder to get a fluid dribble from the short ends than the corners. Does anyone have any tips on how to get a more fluid dribble? If so please let me know. Thanks a lot

Oct 19, 2007
First off, it's quite cool to be able to dribble from the corners. A lot of people don't do, and it's used in fx. Kevin Ho's Chaser.

I can do it all ways; Bone Ho style (index finger on the long side of the cards), the regular biddle-grip, corner grip, the one where the fingers are in center etc.

I would say that you should practice dropping card singly off the thumb in biddle-grip. Smoothness and height will come with time and just playing around with it. Good luck!

Nov 30, 2007
Midlands, England
I've always dribbled cards from the short ends and I always thought I'd learnt it wrong - alot of people I saw did it from the corners.

I tried, but I really can't dribble from the corners.

Plus, it really helps in the ClipShift control, like you said.

It's all about adjusting yourself to the new finger placement. Simply practice it and practice it, no matter how uncomfortable or weird your fingers may feel (preferably over a bed too since you may drop some cards). You'll get it.

May 8, 2008
England
I saw it done both ways so just do both. It's cleaner from the corners for me though.

Like everyone said biddle grip and off the thumb. Although I hold the end with my middle and ring finger and have my index finger curved to be on the middle of the top card. It's probably wrong, just how I've always done it.

Good luck, I'm sure you'll get it in no time :)

-S

Sep 1, 2007
San Francisco, CA
I always dribbled from the short ends, and I thought I was doing it wrong. To tell you the truth, I don't dribble from the corners. It's useful in some sleights such as Danny Garcia's Ego Force, but I've worked my way around it.

Just practice. It will feel weird at first, but that will go away with time. Sorry, that's really all I can say.

David

Jun 10, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
I personally dribble from corner's. By choice.
I started doing it a few years ago after learning that Ben Harris' SFUC move looks far cooler and is more rapid when done from that position as opposed to the standard 'end grip' position.
It provides a far smoother dribble and the hand's position looks nicer.

Dec 8, 2007
I used to dribble from end grip (biddle grip), but I use the anaconda now in stead of the regular card dribble. Never took the time to learn it dribbling on the corners though..

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results