Flourishes Ruining Magic?

Dec 4, 2007
www.thrallmind.com
Ok
When they see a magician doing some ACR they wont see them as magic either
I rather take credit than the deck but "some people like the Whole Magic deal.

Yes they will. Buddy, with every post you make, I begin to think more and more you do not perform for real people.

You say that people who don't do flourishes aren't magicians, yet...you say that "some people like the Whole Magic deal." This means you are saying what you do isn't magic. Therefore, you aren't a magician. The logic of your posts is beginning to fall apart, too. You are contradicting yourself.

Do you even know what you believe?

-ThrallMind

BrianationX

Banned
Jul 13, 2008
Yes they will. Buddy, with every post you make, I begin to think more and more you do not perform for real people.

You say that people who don't do flourishes aren't magicians, yet...you say that "some people like the Whole Magic deal." This means you are saying what you do isn't magic. Therefore, you aren't a magician. The logic of your posts is beginning to fall apart, too. You are contradicting yourself.

Do you even know what you believe?

-ThrallMind

I say they arent good and modern magicians
You know what
When I do magic tricks I take credit for them
So maybe im not performing magic
maybe im just using my sleight of hand and doing some weird moves to make one card dissapear and appear inside a persons matchBox(Brian Tudor)
But what is it to the laymen
magic?
Maybe not but its still entertaining.

Dec 4, 2007
www.thrallmind.com
I say they arent good and modern magicians

Then please, define for me what a modern magician is without using the word MouthGarbage or pointing me to a video of what is good and bad. Explain, using words.

You know what
When I do magic tricks I take credit for them

As any magician should.

Then you have no right to judge what is and isn't magic.

maybe im just using my sleight of hand and doing some weird moves to make one card dissapear and appear inside a persons matchBox(Brian Tudor)
magic?

Depends. Are you presenting it as magic? Considering you have cards, and are making things disappear, people will assume you as a magician.

-ThrallMind

magic?

It's astounding to me, just how little you seem to understand about magic.

Skill, speed, flourishes, cards appearing and disappearing in a flash...that's not magic mate.

Not even close.

So you wanna' be regarded as a highly skilled manipulator of cards, someone who can do anything to any card at any time no matter where it is, and to prove it "I'll make your card end up folded into this matchbox." (please watch more routines by other people than bRian TuDor) Awesome, go to it, and good luck with it.

But stop fooling yourself that you're a magician, and stop ignoring the simple, undeniable fact that people want to to be entertained, they want to be misdirected and deceived, they like to be taken on a journey only for the outcome to be different than their mind told them it was going to be. They wanna' have fun.

That's magic Brian. Skill has nothing to do with it...nothing at all, not to the people that matter: your audience.

They don't wanna' sit and watch how good you can control cards for twenty mins...get serious. Not if they've come to watch some magic. Now if they want to watch a card manipulator...then fine. Of course they'll enjoy it. I quite like watching it sometimes as it amazes me what some people can actually do with cards, Andrei who posted below for one. But I have no desire to do the same thing (although I did purchase BackPack Andrei and I'm still cursing you everytime i drop the cards). I'd much rather get a solid presentation down for Sankey's Paperclippd and make people's mouths drop because what has just happened in front of them is clearly, undeniably...impossible.

Whereas, a Sybil clearly, undeniably...isn't.

The two disciplines have their merits and their downsides to one and all, stop trying to smash them together to make something new. There's no need. Like so many people have said before me, why don't you try reading some books by people that have made magic a career (and a successful one at that) and have been the inspiration to all that have come after them, rather than just putting down what you obviously, obliviously do not understand.

Or go get a girlfriend...

Honestly...with every post you write you make it more and more obvious that you need to seriously start educating yourself before shouting off your mouth. Just think what you could achieve if you took the skill with cards you have and added some presentation and 'mouthgarbage'?

Oh God...this is obviously getting to me now...I've started typing the same nonsensical words you do.

Rabid

morpheis91

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2007
Philadelphia
www.myspace.com
I perform quite often (for people and at gigs lol). I do an ACR almost all of the time in my routine, WHY? Because its magical and Pure. A card with a person's name on it is put in the middle and with NO funny moves its on top. The look on people's faces when this happens is priceless. They are astonished because there are now funny moves no flashy cuts you just put it in the middle and snapped your fingers. Its impossible for that to logically happen. But if your doing Sybils and Akiras and "whatevers" they start to think that you can control it to the top. And to answer your "laymen don't believe" posts, I always have people of all types of ages ask me "Is that real magic?." If you make a connection with your audience then it is possible to make them believe depending on your presentation. Flourishing can add spice to a routine but it has its limits (as already mentioned numerous times in this thread).

To sum everything up laymen can be made to "believe" (this is not a quote from Joel Paschall ;) ) Also I never give credit to the deck remember I am the one doing the magical wave or snapping my fingers. I am the one who they call "Magician" not the deck, me. I have hardly seen any magicians say that the deck is magic not me. That would be counterproductive because it would subconsciously imply that there is something "Different" about the deck.
Just my two cents
-Wilberto Casillas

like many other brianationx threads i vote on this thread to be closed.
it is not helping us in anyway.
my side on the subject is flourishing and magic are two different things.
i say brianationx should realise this.
and please mods can you close this thread

Sep 1, 2007
like many other brianationx threads i vote on this thread to be closed.
it is not helping us in anyway.
my side on the subject is flourishing and magic are two different things.
i say brianationx should realise this.
and please mods can you close this thread

Why? He is just as entitled to his opinion(how ever ignorant it may be) as we are.

Guys,

I havent read the complete thread, I'll just give my opinion.
Flourishes cant ruin magic, since the two have nothing to do with each other.
Both might involve cards, but that doesnt mean that it can ruin each other in any way. Flourishes are cool, so is magic... Thats about the only comparison I can make between the two... But thats me ;)

Cheers,
Aron

Mar 3, 2008
Sweden
Tudor said something like, the old magicians did the ribbon spread all the time, and that's a flourish right? I don't think that flourishes ruin magic at all. If you USE flourishes in your magic, then magic is even better sometimes. I like to focus on both magic and flourishing. I don't think it's good to focus on only flourishing, that's too boring. ;)

Aug 5, 2008
I hate it when the Old guys tell me to stop doing Flourishes.If they dont like them then they can go to hell.Flourishes are the future and they are the past

I hate it when the Old guys tell me to stop doing Flourishes.If they dont like them then they can go to hell.Flourishes are the future and they are the past

[sarcasm]Oh god, you just blew my mind, that was sooo philosophycal and deep!

Oh, I can have a lot of fun with this, let's see... Flourishes are the future, flourishes are the past. Flourish is mother, flourish is father. Flourishes are the quality of love and the depth of the mighty ocean! Flourishes are the essence of the multiverse, and the meaning of life!
FLOURISHES ARE THE ANSWER TO THE GREAT QUESTION OF LIFE, THE UNIVERSE, AND EVERYTHING!

That's it, I'm done, folks.[/sarcasm]

Aug 5, 2008
[sarcasm]Oh god, you just blew my mind, that was sooo philosophycal and deep!

Oh, I can have a lot of fun with this, let's see... Flourishes are the future, flourishes are the past. Flourish is mother, flourish is father. Flourishes are the quality of love and the depth of the mighty ocean! Flourishes are the essence of the multiverse, and the meaning of life!
FLOURISHES ARE THE ANSWER TO THE GREAT QUESTION OF LIFE, THE UNIVERSE, AND EVERYTHING!

That's it, I'm done, folks.[/sarcasm]

whAtever [edited]. I said OldSchool magicians are the past.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 8, 2007
"It is difficult for layman to understand a visually complex flourish
The more times they see it
the better they are going to understand it
and appreciate it."

"When I was younger the Old School Magicians
Would often talk Shi** About Flourishes
because they were too Flashy.
The argument from the OldSchool Magicians is
Dont Show Skill
It takes away from the Magic......"

Which Is True But So Is Comedy!

And Besides
These hypocrites wold do ribbon spreads,and springs and fans
What the Hell are those!
are those not Flourishes
I don't know....
Maybe I got that one wrong or something.........

I Rather Take Credit Than The Deck!

Good job, fanboy. That's a great parrot impression.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
I said OldSchool magicians are the past.

To say that something is in the past, you have to have your finger on the pulse of modern culture. If you agree with BrianationX, you wouldn't know the present or the future if it slapped you in the face and called your mother a cow.

Aug 9, 2008
Yeah Flourishes are ruining magic, I like flourishes and all but they are ruining magic.Ive seen so many people do flourishes with magic and that makes me look

like them by association.The kids will probably think im just showing skill instead of magic ha ha ha ha ha,I like Flourishes but they should not be used with

magic,Brian Tudor does something like that in one of his routines and D+M too but not excessive

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results