Voting Open: The Queens

Apr 22, 2008
I know David's video is old but still good, but i liked Fatal's presentation better, looks like its going to be a great battle.

Sep 2, 2007
Both of you guys had different, but great productions, in my opinion, and some of the vanishes in both videos were very slick. Great job on each of them. It's going to be a tough vote.

Cheers,
JTM

Sep 1, 2007
San Francisco, CA
FatalAce, I know this is a bit off-topic, but how are you lighting your video? I've been messing around with the black background, but I can't get the lighting right. They always come out a bit too dark.

David

Nov 17, 2007
FatalAce, I know this is a bit off-topic, but how are you lighting your video? I've been messing around with the black background, but I can't get the lighting right. They always come out a bit too dark.

David
Basically, all you have to do is get as much light as possible. By the time I get all my lighting up, the black screen looks blue. Don't worry. I use Vegas to edit my videos. Once there, make sure you level out the contrast and brightness so they are about equal and the background it still black. Contrast might be a bit higher than the brightness. Hope this helped.

Sep 1, 2007
San Francisco, CA
Don't get me wrong, it's a great effect and I enjoyed it. It's just that some of the editing seemed to be at opportune moments during certain moves, blurs and flashes and what not.

That's what they were for. I filmed a few takes and wasn't having a good day, so I decided to alter the video a bit to hide the method. In my opinion it only takes away from the video if you're trying to figure it out. If you watch FatalAce's he does it a bit too. No harm done.

David

Sep 1, 2007
San Francisco, CA
Basically, all you have to do is get as much light as possible. By the time I get all my lighting up, the black screen looks blue. Don't worry. I use Vegas to edit my videos. Once there, make sure you level out the contrast and brightness so they are about equal and the background it still black. Contrast might be a bit higher than the brightness. Hope this helped.

Yeah, I was worried about the black not staying black. Guess that isn't a problem. Time to find a crap load of lights now.

David

Sep 1, 2007
Los Angeles, California
I like FatalAce's more. And again, his productions are very nice.
His performance was also better in my opinion.

David... I recommend learning a pinky count or something because I was about to gag on how you were getting your breaks.

Nov 17, 2007
That's what they were for. I filmed a few takes and wasn't having a good day, so I decided to alter the video a bit to hide the method. In my opinion it only takes away from the video if you're trying to figure it out. If you watch FatalAce's he does it a bit too. No harm done.

David
I used the blurs and flashes to keep you interested. I've watched quite a few magic videos over the years but they all loose my interest after a while. Just 1 continuous shot of their hands for 3 minutes just doesn't do it for me. So, I resort to editing to keep you intregged. This is also why I included an uncut version of my routine for those who will claim I used video editting. =)

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
San Francisco, CA
That too.... :D

It's not that big of a deal. Im just trying to keep you focused on the effect itself, and not start trying to reverse engineer the trick if you see a flash.

David

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
Venezuela
I love fatal ace's video, the editing everything, for me it was better than yours misner, even though you did a great job too..

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results