Custom Cards Are Bad?

BrianationX

Banned
Jul 13, 2008
I have many more stories of sucess.

Yeah Well guess what
Yesterday there was an earthquake and the class had to go to the parking lot.
I had an old deck with me and a "custom" in my backpack.
I was ShowingOff(vol3) with my Old Bicycle red and someone said
"Hey show me some Magic"
I had two choices
Tell him to F** Off or do the tricks
Since I had nothing else to do and I knew he wouldnt leave peacefully I started the magic
The old cards werent working well so I had to use the newer "custom" cards
It was all going well until someone said "those are Not real cards"
I said of course they are
"Well why do they look all weird, are they magic cards"
I said yes to shut him up
"so they are tricked cards"
I gave up and gave the cards to him
I said Show us some magic then
The guy actually tried and guess what
It didnt work,I let him keep the cards,they were stupid anyways
I continued with my Old "normal' Bicycle reds.

I know this happens to everyone, Or maybe College guys are smarter than others

This is the honest truth:

If someone asks me a variation of "are those trick cards," I always ask "What do you mean 'trick cards?'" I ask honestly, and I wait for an answer. I've been using this line for about 4 years.

99% of the time, the answer has been "I don't know."

Also, and I don't mean to toot my horn here, but when I do magic very well, which I try to do as often as possible, this question is asked whether my deck is red, blue, black, white, or Pakistani.

People ask, but they don't know what they're asking. They've just heard of trick cards, and they assume that must be what you do, since you're indeed "doing tricks," as they say.

Try that line, and watch the deer in headlights look you'll get. Try not to smile too much.

Pj

Dec 4, 2007
www.thrallmind.com

Showing off? So, you use what you can do to show off. Thats great, just...great.

I'm not trying to be confrontational when I say this, but if you hate customs so much, why do you have them with you in your backpack if there's a perfectly good pack of bikes in there already?

"Hey show me some Magic"
I had two choices
Since I had nothing else to do and I knew he wouldnt leave peacefully I started the magic

Usually, I enjoy it when people ask me to perform. It means they heard about me, or saw what I was doing and wanted to entertain. Do you see spectators as annoyances?

I let him keep the cards,they were stupid anyways

It can happen to anyone. No matter how good you are, you can always get that spec once in a while who will accuse you of the strangest stuff.

-ThrallMind

Sep 2, 2007
La Crescenta, CA
I really don't care about the kind of deck I use. The decks I use most are red-backed Bikes, but that's just because they're the most available deck. I mean, jeez, they're EVERYWHERE!

But if I had one deck to use for the rest of my life... Ghosts, hands down. People don't come up to me and ask if they're trick cards; instead, they say the deck looks cool and ask me to do a trick with it. Since I've been flourishing for about a year and a half now, they know that any deck I user is legit. Although the case may be different for people I've never met, I've done magic for coplete strangers before and I've never had that reaction of, "It's a trick deck," before.

Sep 1, 2007
Indeed, I was once accused of having a cinnamon pretzel in my left back pocket.
I just laughed out loud at that.

IMO, Arrco Us Reg's look way better than any custom decks, they are elegant but don't look as if you're trying to hard. This applies to most regular brands.

bentley

Elite Member
Nov 23, 2007
Yeah Well guess what
Yesterday there was an earthquake and the class had to go to the parking lot.
"Hey show me some Magic"
I had two choices
The old cards werent working well so I had to use the newer "custom" cards
It was all going well until someone said "those are Not real cards"
I said of course they are
"Well why do they look all weird, are they magic cards"
I said yes to shut him up
"so they are tricked cards"
I gave up and gave the cards to him
I said Show us some magic then
The guy actually tried and guess what
It didnt work,I let him keep the cards,they were stupid anyways
I continued with my Old "normal' Bicycle reds.

YES it does happen to everyone. I am not arguing that. I just said it doesn't happen to me much. It hasn't happen since I can remember. I said it happens to everyone at some point. I said that in my first post.

BrianationX

Banned
Jul 13, 2008
Showing off? So, you use what you can do to show off. Thats great, just...great.

Not What I can
Just my Flourishes
I could say I'm practicing
but really I'm just SHowingOff(Vol3)

I'm not trying to be confrontational when I say this,

Really

if you hate customs so much, why do you have them with you in your backpack if there's a perfectly good pack of bikes in there already?

I got them as gifts
I leave them in my backpack because I don't use them
I actually tried to use them before and it didn't work
I only used them twice and got the same results
I will never use those stupid cards again
I gave them away(who cares how the person that gave them to me feels,they should be ashamed for getting me those cards)

Do you see spectators as annoyances?

Not all the time
Only when they ask me to show them stuff
I'm not a clown
I do magic when I want,
not when they want me to
I usually do Heckler on them{when I really feel like humiliating them}
Or a bill change( I keep the bill)

It can happen to anyone. No matter how good you are, you can always get that spec once in a while who will accuse you of the strangest stuff.
-ThrallMind

Of Course
But it happens more to the skilled

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not a clown
I do magic when I want,

I don't know about everyone else but, magic is about the spectators. Not about you. Saying you'll only do magic when your good and ready makes you sound more supreme to your audience just because you can do some sleights.

And have you ever tried saying, check out these cards, shuffle them do what you want they're normal just look cool and last longer? From what you said it basically seems like you just said, yeah whatever, not even making an effort to explain why the cards look different.

-RA69

Dec 4, 2007
www.thrallmind.com
Not all the time
Only when they ask me to show them stuff
I'm not a clown
I do magic when I want,
not when they want me to
I usually do Heckler on them{when I really feel like humiliating them}
Or a bill change( I keep the bill)

Brian, this is sad. It really is. You want to humiliate those who are interested in seeing the end result of all these hours of practice you have putting into your work?

You speak all about wanting to "ShowOff(Vol 3)" for people, and then when asked to, you want to humiliate them? I'm just wondering where the logic on this is.

And you STEAL from them? You do a bill change and keep their money?

*shakes head*

-ThrallMind

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results