T11 Artists

Aug 31, 2007
Long Island/New York
So what does it take to be a T11 artist?

When the night the site opened I remember watching the video on the main page getting chills, exploring the new site, and of course speaking with the community.
I thought wow, what a great place this is.
When I saw the artist page, (not sure if that was out yet) I remember looking at each face and thinking what do these guys have in store for us?

It's been almost a year and I'm happy with everything that was put out. But I'm wondering if any of these guys will be making more DVD's or are they just a 1 time deal?
Aaron Fisher - Panic
Dan White/ BJ Bueno - Digital Dissolve
Mathieu Bich - TNR (don't wanna mention Chris Kenner because he's put out many 1-1's)
Tom Isaacson - Prophet
Lee Asher - Witness

Will we ever get any more material out of them from this site?
If I have a trick and submit it, would I be an artist too?

I'm not complaining, it's just a question that's been on my mind.
No disrespect to any of the artists here. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Maybe to JB, he's not an artist. He just felt left out and didn't want to make a CEO page and be all by himself.
:D
Just playing JB, your super cool!

D

Deleted member 2755

Well, if you create an effect and Theory 11 wants to market it, I would assume that's it. If you want to create and market another effect and Theory 11 goes along with it, then I guess they can market more DVDs. It's really probably just up to them. However, I'm not a Theory 11 artist so my word means nothing. I'm just saying how I assume things to be.

-Doug

timsilva

Elite Member
Nov 18, 2007
California
timsilva.com
Yeah, Theory11 does have a very vague and confusing image, but I think if you look at the whole picture none of this stuff really matters. It has definitely been on my mind too though.

One of the things I love about Theory11 is how is started off with some very inovative and inspiring goals, and since it's release it has simply been redefining itself progressively. The mystery behind the site itself is a part of the fun, and I could argue that it is even symbolic for what magic is. Maybe I am just making answers up in my head, but what ever. :D

Aug 31, 2007
Long Island/New York
you forgot, dangerous, trilogy, believe and probably more.

The reason why I didn't put those on the list because Dangerous and Believe are relatively new from the others. So since Daniel Madison and Joel Paschall released their tricks recently, I won't be asking when their next release is. They got a few months until I get on their case. :)

I didn't mention Dan and Dave because I heard they were making a DVD (or so I think so) + working on their release to the new deck of cards.

I also didn't mention Wayne Houchin because he already put out 2 DVD's from here and might be working on another project. Awhile ago I saw 8/8/08 on his website, so that may be interesting.

Jan 27, 2008
When I saw the title I was like 'whoa' who's the best magician on this site! Then I was hoping it could be a poll and certain people would get very few votes.... Andrei at flourishing and Arron Fisher and Lee Asher for magic.

But as for your question, who cares if they don't come out with more dvd's. There's so many fantastic things currently released your practice time should be completely full.... Surfaced, The Code, original flourishers, original magic... I don't have any more time.
Buy the code, surfaced, and smooth operations... those should keep you busy for a year.... they probably will for me.

Aug 31, 2007
Long Island/New York
Yeah, but I was wondering if these artists will be putting out any more material on the site. And I was also asking if some random person on the forums were to submit a trick and T11 accepted it, would they become an artist for their 1 trick?

I didn't mean for this thread to ask for more material from T11. I know it kinda seemed that way, but that's because I'm not good at talking/typing. I know I have my hands full of material at the moment, so I'm not in desperate need of effects.

Oct 8, 2007
Yeah, I was wondering about that myself; that if you contribute an effect, you're automatically an artist.

I just don't seem to feel much of their presence within T11, beyond a few weeks after their own respective releases. No offense, obviously, but it's just out of curiosity that I would like to know the answer as well.

Yeah, but I was wondering if these artists will be putting out any more material on the site. And I was also asking if some random person on the forums were to submit a trick and T11 accepted it, would they become an artist for their 1 trick?

Well of course they will release more material on the site.:p As for the submit the trick thing... I guess if it's a trick that will surprise the theory11 crew. But it's hard to impress magicians like lee asher and aaron fisher. I guess if you have some breakthrough trick then it might get accepted.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results