The Code - by Mattgic and Maxim

Sep 2, 2007
I think someone asked for a review so i'll give one, I was going to post the first one I had but then clicked back which wasted about 15 mintues and I had to restart.

The movie:

The movie was very comical along with a very interesting story revolving around cards. There was only 2 problesm I had with this movie. One, that most of it was filmed without a tripod leading to a bit of a shaky camera and two, that there were a lot of walking sequences which lost my attention. I give the movie a solid 8/10 and it's a great addition to this DVD

The tutorials:

M & M - 2/10 A very easy and flashy move to do using a small packet

V. 72 - 3/10 A simple madonna variation that looks spectacular

Enzo prod - 3/10 An easy production producing four queens, this also teaches the enzo cut

San Vincenzo - 3/10 A cut using the enzo cut which looks great

Coma - 4/10 A trick shwoing four blank card but then revealed to be the four aces, words can't express the greatness of this trick

DAM - 3/10 A simple effect yet it looks amazing, a 3 is introduced and then split into a 2 and an ace. It looks better than it sounds

Coma prod - 3/10 A production using the coma snap along with 2 varaitions

Agora 2.0 - 7/10 one of the more difficult cut's but it one of the most beautiful too

Tornado prod - 4/10 A simeple cut leads to an awesome production

OHD - 6/10 A one handed diamond that is pure eye candy

Reverse L cut - 5/10 An L cut, but backwards?! Something that must be learned on this DVD

Goldenfish 2.0 - 6/10 A difficult but done at speed is a blur of packets spinning

FK - 3/10 A simple card spin that could be used as a reveal, production, or even an application

Street Made tutorials:

M & M - Shown above

Goldenfish - 5/10 a false cut that's simlar to goldenfish 2.0

Agora 1.0 - 7/10 One of the hardest cut's on the DVD but is definatly worth learning.

Spider Class - 5/10 If you took the flare's from mantis and put them into a madonna, you get spider class.

Enzo - Shown above

Snowhite - 5/10 The most unqiue sybil on the DVD. Pandora just got owned.

Coma - Shown above

The flourishes are great and they give you a demonstration with each tutorial, or a performance if you will. The music is different in each tutorial with some of their own favourite songs like a billie jean instrumental. I give this section a 10/10

The menu's:

The opening menu has two black stripes lining the bottom and top and one red stripe down the middle. there's a Ferrari insignia in the middle and other than that there are four choices:

Play the movie
Chapters
Studio - the tutorials
Extra - extra footage

There's an ace by each feature you can pick and the music is a 15 second loop of a soft paino which leads into a killer guitar solo.

Extra - Menu

There's a guy ( not sure who ) has an open jacket with an ace in a cpoket and there are four aces, one of each pocket. They lead to:

Outtakes - bloopers
Tutorials - street made
Videos - Echec et Mat, F 501, F 502, and Echec.....
Credits - credits

The music is very easy listening and enjoyable.

I give this DVD a true 9/10. If you're a flourisher it would be essential to buy this DVD.

Hope this review help

Sep 1, 2007
That's nothing new or original, Max thought of it years ago....

sounds like you didn't like the moves taught, most were rated lower than a 5 lol

I think they were difficulty, he should've cleared that up before hand, but judging by the 9/10 overall rating, they must be difficulty.

Apr 16, 2008
That's nothing new or original, Max thought of it years ago....

hum, yeah it looks like it has been "discover" a few times before... Elijah Cai from virtuoso even found it before max321.... but i'm pretty sure that maXime discovered it on his own :)

dimitri.

Nov 17, 2007
Would it be possible to post any performences of those flourishes. I'm quite interested in buying it becuase I love their style but I'm a bit hesitant to buy it because first of all, it is amatur made (can't be sure about the teaching etc.) and I haven't seen but like 2 of those flourishes. So, a performence video would be great and could seal my desision in buying it. Thanx.

Sep 1, 2007
San Francisco, CA
Whats the magic like on this DVD?

There are only few pieces of magic, and they are more flashy and flourishing magic than smooth magic. There's the Trigga Change, where 4 cards turn into the 4 Queens with a deck flip, as well as an effect where a group of blank cards turn into the 4 aces. I'm pretty sure that's all, but go ahead and correct me if I'm wrong.

David

Apr 22, 2008
hey David can you post a review yourself please, I'd like to hear from your point of view, I'm really looking forward to this DVD.

Aug 31, 2007
Paris, France
Would it be possible to post any performences of those flourishes. I'm quite interested in buying it becuase I love their style but I'm a bit hesitant to buy it because first of all, it is amatur made (can't be sure about the teaching etc.) and I haven't seen but like 2 of those flourishes. So, a performence video would be great and could seal my desision in buying it. Thanx.

The moves we taught are performed in our videos here. In the trailer, in Cocktail Mélo (except the last trick), in F501 pretty much everything performed by MaXim and me. For the teaching, you can ask others but you know "amateur" doesn't mean "quickly done", and I think the teaching is very correct.

Thanks for the review, Ampersan5340 !

The magic effects in the DVD are Coma, the Triga change, DAM, and some productions like Coma prod and Enzo prod.

Sep 2, 2007
hey David can you post a review yourself please, I'd like to hear from your point of view, I'm really looking forward to this DVD.

Why? Because i'm not a reliable source?

The ratings on the flourishes were difficulty, i gave the flourishes a 9/10 because it was tuahgt and shown really well.

Apr 22, 2008
Why? Because i'm not a reliable source?

The ratings on the flourishes were difficulty, i gave the flourishes a 9/10 because it was tuahgt and shown really well.

Nah man, It's cool, It's just that I'd like to hear from another person. That was an excellent review.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results