1-on-1 Update : Angle Zero + Next Week Hint

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
The 1-on-1 section was updated a few moments ago with this week's video - Angle Zero from daniel+Madison. A signature effect from Dangerous (disc 1) - and one of my personal favorite effects on the entire DVD.

The effect: the spectator selects a card from the deck. A corner is then torn from the chosen card, and the torn card is handed to the spectator to hold.

The corner is then cleanly, clearly vanished from the performers hand and revealed ANYWHERE the performer desires. This can be performed with any deck. The set-up takes seconds, and there are no duplicates. The corner is the exact corner from the torn card.

Definitely an effect you will learn, love, and use. For more from d+M, check out the full Dangerous DVD set (which contains Angle Zero and 10 other tricks & 21 flourishes).

What's on tap for next week? We've got some surprises up our sleeve. But about the 1-on-1: check back to see - but I'll give you a hint. His name starts with a C. And it rhymes with Hiss Henner. And it's a really frickin' good one.

Feb 28, 2008
If you don't think you're going to get Dangerous, you should get this 1 on 1. I think it's the best trick on the DVD from a laymen's POV. People really freak out with it.

D

Deleted member 2755

What's on tap for next week? We've got some surprises up our sleeve. But about the 1-on-1: check back to see - but I'll give you a hint. His name starts with a C. And it rhymes with Hiss Henner. And it's a really frickin' good one.

Ciss Henner.... Ceey Menner.... Ciss Renner..... Ciss Blenner.... C'mon Bayme, you have to give us a better hint than that! That's ridiculous!

-Doug

Ciss Henner.... Ceey Menner.... Ciss Renner..... Ciss Blenner.... C'mon Bayme, you have to give us a better hint than that! That's ridiculous!

-Doug

Sinful, that was sarcasm right? Ok I'm being stupid. Anyway, I think this would be great if you cannot afford the entire Dangerous DVD. This is probably one of the best effects on there. But... I don't think it's difficult enough to need a 1 on 1. But hey it's more money for T11 and I already have Dangerous.

Think first, act later

D

Deleted member 2755

I was and I know (or at least hope) that everyone else was being sarcastic. ;)

-Doug

Nov 15, 2007
Ada Oklahoma
I was and I know (or at least hope) that everyone else was being sarcastic. ;)

-Doug

I'm sure they were. =P.

A bit Off-Topic now... (Yes, I said Off-Topic, don't freak.) Back during the school year, I was using ALOT of sarcasm, and some people didn't know when I was. So, I MADE a sarcasm sign, and would hold it up when I said something sarcastic... Or when someone else said something sarcastic. =P.

-SM

Oct 6, 2007
Selling the HIT effect from Dangerous for $9.95 is perfectly fine.

T11 is a business. If they Angle Zero at the price it SHOULD be mathematically, it would be sold for something like $3 bucks- now THAT'S not right.

T11 wants you to get the whole set of Dangerous (where they would make more money, in the absolute sense), but if you don't buy the whole DVD then they want to make money from the 1-on-1.

It's like how Mystique/Motion DVD by itself is $29.95, but the whole dangerous set is $49.95.

It's a discount when you buy the whole set, or in other words, more expensive when you buy each DVD individually. Same concept with the 1-on-1's.

Its all marketing boys.

timsilva

Elite Member
Nov 18, 2007
California
timsilva.com
Selling the HIT effect from Dangerous for $9.95 is perfectly fine.

T11 is a business. If they Angle Zero at the price it SHOULD be mathematically, it would be sold for something like $3 bucks- now THAT'S not right.

T11 wants you to get the whole set of Dangerous (where they would make more money, in the absolute sense), but if you don't buy the whole DVD then they want to make money from the 1-on-1.

It's like how Mystique/Motion DVD by itself is $29.95, but the whole dangerous set is $49.95.

It's a discount when you buy the whole set, or in other words, more expensive when you buy each DVD individually. Same concept with the 1-on-1's.

Its all marketing boys.

True. Perfectly said.

It is kinda funny how people always talk about the unimportant parts of things until someone comes along and writes it all out for everyone to be left satisfied :p

Anyways, Angle Zero is a brilliant effect and if someone doesn't have a large budget but they want something from d+M's mind, then Angle Zero is the way to go.

Jan 27, 2008
The 1-on-1 section was updated a few moments ago with this week's video - Angle Zero from daniel+Madison. A signature effect from Dangerous (disc 1) - and one of my personal favorite effects on the entire DVD.

The effect: the spectator selects a card from the deck. A corner is then torn from the chosen card, and the torn card is handed to the spectator to hold.

The corner is then cleanly, clearly vanished from the performers hand and revealed ANYWHERE the performer desires. This can be performed with any deck. The set-up takes seconds, and there are no duplicates. The corner is the exact corner from the torn card.

Definitely an effect you will learn, love, and use. For more from d+M, check out the full Dangerous DVD set (which contains Angle Zero and 10 other tricks & 21 flourishes).

If it's not something we've seen before, sounds awesome.

D

Deleted member 2755

Angle Zero is amazing and the possibilities with it are endless. I'm thinking of some new ways to innovate the effect to a whole other level.

-Doug

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results