I need help picking a card trick

Jul 19, 2008
I am a magician who is relatively adept with cards, and first of all I have a battle here in which I am gonna do a card trick, and I am thinking Tivo 2.0, but also, can some of you reccomend some good tricks for cards? I can do difficult sleights.

Thanks,
Benjamin Dove

I'd do something a little more original than Tivo 2.0 which is a great trick, but so many people perform it.

If you want to perform a Dan and Dave trick, I reccomend Deja Vu, which not too many people perform, and is excellent. I could name an infinite number of card effects, so tell us what you know, or what books/Dvd's you own.

Feb 1, 2008
the only person that knows how Scarne's Aces is done is Bill Malone. unless its been relesed and I dont know about it

Jul 19, 2008
Well.
As far as cards....

Pretty much all of those self-working decks like svengali
Mark Wilson's Book
Rainbow Deck dvd (eh..)
The Trilogy
Encyclopedia of Playing Card Flourishes (which I just got)
Some of Tarbell's Books
a few ellusionist dvds (stigmata was the only good one)
and like 10 other books.

but I am into pretty much all magic so...

Well #1, I'd say pick a trick that your most comfortable with, and is good to your standards.

Since you have The Trilogy, I'd personally go with Deja Vu, one of the coolest card tricks ever.

Well seeing as you can use the trick even after the battle, I'd reccommend getting One from D+M, and use the effect Cameo. It is one of my favorites to perform and isn't easy, but not full knuckle bustin' moves...its just you need to get some moves down very well.

~PaCo

Jan 5, 2008
Oklahoma
clutch

I would go for clutch by Oz Pearlman. It's so simple that you can focus on presentation. Why do tough moves when laymen could care less that you're doing them? Clutch is high impact entertainment. I performed this on the Riverwalk in Downtown OKC last night for about 30-40 people and created hysteria! Plus, it's only been out for release on Penguin Magic for about a week, so not many people perform it yet. Check it out.

I would go for clutch by Oz Pearlman. It's so simple that you can focus on presentation. Why do tough moves when laymen could care less that you're doing them? Clutch is high impact entertainment. I performed this on the Riverwalk in Downtown OKC last night for about 30-40 people and created hysteria! Plus, it's only been out for release on Penguin Magic for about a week, so not many people perform it yet. Check it out.

I heard that trick was awesome, but it's not going to look very good on video, unless you go out and perform it for a crowd.

Jul 22, 2008
I am a magician who is relatively adept with cards, and first of all I have a battle here in which I am gonna do a card trick, and I am thinking Tivo 2.0, but also, can some of you reccomend some good tricks for cards? I can do difficult sleights.

Thanks,
Benjamin Dove

The queens trick is good I've got some good reactions from that but the clip shift has to be done if you don't like palming

flourish117

Jul 19, 2008
Hey guys I learned Deja Vu and I love it. I will post the youtube link when it is up! I would like to build a routine so can you guys reccomend any other tricks that would go well with it?
Thanks,
Benjamin Dove

Jul 25, 2008
Collectors Edition- Syd Segal
Reset- Paul Harris
Punked- Kevin Ho
Kings in the Corner- Allan Ackerman
Another Quick Coincidence- Allan Ackerman

Just some off the top of my head

Gnarlycardz

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results