Battle Tournament - Magician's Challenge 1

Jul 19, 2008
This is the official Magician's Challenge Season 1 thread. The first eight people to respond to this will be in.
The rules will be as follows

1. Every week on friday a new challenge will be introduced.
  2. You will be told what the topic is, and you will be matched up with a partner.
  3. This partner is solely the person who you will propose battle with.
  4. The winners of the 4 (then 3 then 2 then 1) battles will be in the top 4 or 3 etc. Vice versa for the losers.
  5. The winners and losers will be decided by a poll posted here every friday night.
  6. There will be extra boosts that can be given to hurt other players and make yourself better.
  7. If someone uses their power negatively against another person, they must follow it or they will suffer a penalty of -20 votes and could lose a battle they might have won
  8. Every Friday by 12:00 a new challenge will be posted in this thread. You will have exactly a week to set up the battle with the partner and submit the video.
  9. Judging will take place on Saturday and Sunday, and the winner will be announced monday, as well as the loser.
  10. The loser is kicked from the tournament.
  11. Any more questions can be posted here.
PLEASE SUBSCRIBE TO THIS THREAD SO YOU WILL KNOW WHEN NOTIFICATIONS ARE POSTED!

THE FIRST 8 PEOPLE TO RESPOND ARE IN THE CHALLENGE!

The prize- Bragging rights of course, and also all the points accumulated from beating 4 people.

Benjamin Dove

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
Cool idea, just realized I'll have to sit this out though...ill be gone!

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 19, 2008
2 MORE SPOTS LEFT! When everybody joins, I will make a new thread called battle tournament - Magician's Challenge 1 announcements. That will be where you get the info on the battle. The skill level is unimportant.

This is the official Magician's Challenge Season 1 thread. The first eight people to respond to this will be in.

1. Every week on friday a new challenge will be introduced.
  2. You will be told what the topic is, and you will be matched up with a partner.
  3. This partner is solely the person who you will propose battle with.
  4. The winners of the 4 (then 3 then 2 then 1) battles will be in the top 4 or 3 etc. Vice versa for the losers.
  5. The winners and losers will be decided by a poll posted here every friday night.
  6. There will be extra boosts that can be given to hurt other players and make yourself better.
  7. If someone uses their power negatively against another person, they must follow it or they will suffer a penalty of -20 votes and could lose a battle they might have won
  8. Every Friday by 12:00 a new challenge will be posted in this thread. You will have exactly a week to set up the battle with the partner and submit the video.
  9. Judging will take place on Saturday and Sunday, and the winner will be announced monday, as well as the loser.
  10. The loser is kicked from the tournament.
  11. Any more questions can be posted here.

The prize- Bragging rights of course, and also all the points accumulated from beating 4 people.

Benjamin Dove

Sep 1, 2007
Los Angeles, California
Sorry I'm out. I thought this was 100% card magic and that's the only magic I do. And there will be some street challenges right? Well I only own a webcam and I can't go out filming with that.

Jul 19, 2008
So I have 11 people up for this tournament. I will allow 12 so the next person to reply will be in. Be sure to reply soon. Remember to check the announcements forum.

Every week on friday a new challenge will be introduced.
You will be told what the topic is, and you will be matched up with a partner.
This partner is solely the person who you will propose battle with.
The winners of the 4 (then 3 then 2 then 1) battles will be in the top 4 or 3 etc. Vice versa for the losers.
The winners and losers will be decided by a poll posted here every friday night.
There will be extra boosts that can be given to hurt other players and make yourself better.
If someone uses their power negatively against another person, they must follow it or they will suffer a penalty of -20 votes and could lose a battle they might have won
Every Friday by 12:00 a new challenge will be posted in this thread. You will have exactly a week to set up the battle with the partner and submit the video.
Judging will take place on Saturday and Sunday, and the winner will be announced monday, as well as the loser.
The loser is kicked from the tournament.
Any more questions can be posted here.

Benjamin Dove

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results