Richard Sanders or David Regal

Sep 2, 2007
Houston, TX
I am trying to decide between Richard Sanders Fiber Optics, or David Regals Close-Up and Personal. Whatever I get, I need to last me a long time.

I like the rope dvd because it is out of my element. I know one rope trick, and it is a cut and restored trick that, quite frankly, isnt that great. It has loads of stuff. 32 tricks, 7 routines, and a rope and finger ring routine. I just dont know if this would suit my performance style, walkaround, and performing for family.

I like Close-Up and personal because it has even more loads of stuff. David Regals magic is amazing, so I dont see why this book would be any less of that. Also, I dont have many really good card tricks, except for a few things like paperclipped, a triumph, and an aces trick.

Jun 10, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
Right, the Sanders DVD is VERY cool, but you must know what you're getting yourself into. If you think it will suit your style, and you like what your seeing, you'll work at it to make it look as good as Sanders does!
David Regal is generally VERY good, But then, he's genrally VERY good, so it's not surprising. If this were a choice I had to make, i'd probably implode from the pressure, they're both excellent. But the bit's of matter that were left would probably edge towards Regal SIMPLY BECAUSE of the variety of material.

CL

In my experience, books seem to offer a longer usage factor than videos. That's me, though. I go back to books more often than videos.

However, if you're looking to add something new to your skill set, the rope magic Sanders offers is fantastic, and you'll spend a while just getting moves down.

I am reading Approaching Magic now, and it's a wonderful book. I'm planning to get his other works soon. I'm very impressed with Regal's stuff.

Pj

May 3, 2008
I would personally go for Regal for the variety of material. That is probably just a personal preference though. The stuff in Fiber Optics is incredibly visual and mindblowing, but rope magic really isn't my thing, so I wouldn't be able to incorperate it into any of my routines.

Jul 21, 2008
Ohio
As much as I like Fiber Optics as well as Richard Sanders as a person and a magician, I'd have to go with David Regals Close-Up and Personal. I'm going to start doing some Rope magic, so I'm going to get Fiber Optics definitely, but since at this day in time, I don't do any ropes, I would have to go with Close-up and Personal, because it has a lot more variety, and more material. But I respect both of these magicians greatly, and I like both products.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results