Good music for magic?

Dec 20, 2007
Joplin, Mo., USA
Hey some times i post videos on youtube and i was wondering what is some good music for magic tricks. Say the band/song not a genre of music.

There is no good, specific answer to your question, Cringe.

What is the point for music in the video? If it's just background noise, simply for the sake of having an audio track, then it really doesn't matter. And that will make your video no different than the other 90 percent of YouTubers.

However, if you can tailor your performance around a song, by linking key sleights or flourishes with certain parts of the music, then you're on your way to making an awesome video. Pick songs with variety and clear movements.

Bizzaro

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2007
Vegas
www.smappdooda.com
There are some good bands and artists to get music from. http://www.jonathancoulton.com/ has ALL of his songs as Karaoke (Which is mostly instrumental) SOme old faves of mine are Vanessa Mae - The Violin Player album. Bond works well too. Any of their stuff. There is also a group who covered Metallica a while back as a string quartet called Apocolyptica (Or something like that)

There is also a myriad of royalty free music running amok online.

Personally I believe you can never go wrong with Evil swing music like this: http://www.leepresson.com

D

Deleted member 2755

The best kind of music in a magic video is the one where you talk.

I could not agree more. Let's see some more real performances instead of another webcam video with just music.

-Doug

Jul 25, 2008
Reply: Music

Hey some times i post videos on youtube and i was wondering what is some good music for magic tricks. Say the band/song not a genre of music.

Thanks,
cringe magic22

A good one is Well Enough Alone by Chevelle

There are hundreds more but i just named one

Gnarlycardz

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 30, 2007
I love music without lyrics. Look at Bassnectar, Aphex Twin, and The Flashbulb. Even From Here we Go Sublime is good looping techno music.

May 8, 2008
England
Never done a video but if I did and there was music it would have to fit the trick, laid back, fast paced - whatever. Also music should be quiet, patter and making the trick a 'real' performance should come first.

-S

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results