White Centurions?

sinjin7

Elite Member
Apr 19, 2008
The deck's availability is still in question, because T11 has a history of showing decks without releasing them. Don't believe me? Two words: Red Guardians. Katie's MySpace pics of them have been available for more than a year, and we haven't seen them.

One single example of a deck, red guardians (which may be photoshopped) counts as history? Please. There are just 2 outcomes here: 1) These decks are really going to be that limited, and in that case it would be lame b/c T11 would just be copying E with their 1st edition black ghosts or 2) these decks will be widely released in the near future, at least as a 2nd edition, and in that case it would be just the same 'ole same 'ole T11 hype....

On a side note, I do think these white cents look pretty good and at least T11 is keeping the price below $5.

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
One single example of a deck, red guardians (which may be photoshopped) counts as history? Please. There are just 2 outcomes here: 1) These decks are really going to be that limited, and in that case it would be lame b/c T11 would just be copying E with their 1st edition black ghosts or 2) these decks will be widely released in the near future, at least as a 2nd edition, and in that case it would be just the same 'ole same 'ole T11 hype....

On a side note, I do think these white cents look pretty good and at least T11 is keeping the price below $5.

So... Option 1: Compare T11 to E and criticise them for that...
Option 2: Criticise T11 for hype...

How about Option 3: Accept that they're a business? I don't get this whole "z0mg they copied E" or "z0mg they hyped their cardzzz", I don't buy that criticism. It wouldn't be lame, it'd be business. What do you suggest then? E is successful for a reason. T11 is successful for a reason. And the truth is, they're not responsible for the hype, we are. Deal with it or don't complain.

Dec 20, 2007
Joplin, Mo., USA
One single example of a deck, red guardians (which may be photoshopped) counts as history? Please.

Because T11 is so young, yes -- one single example of a deck does count as history.

Of course the whole thing is moot right now, considering we now know much more about the cards than we did when I made that last post. Whether they publish a second edition or not is irrelevant. The cards look cool enough for me to want badly, and throw a hissyfit after

Praetoritevong hit it on the head. They are a company, they made a product that I want for my collection, yet I can't get it. T11 makes all the rules because they are selling and -- here's the important part -- we are buying. There is a legitimate market for rare, custom cards. Whatever T11 decides -- second edition, keep the rest for promos, whatever -- it is going to do it because there is customer demand.

I have no problem with that, because T11 has a history of producing good products. Why else would I be throwing such a hissyfit in another thread?

sinjin7

Elite Member
Apr 19, 2008
So... Option 1: Compare T11 to E and criticise them for that...
Option 2: Criticise T11 for hype...

How about Option 3: Accept that they're a business? I don't get this whole "z0mg they copied E" or "z0mg they hyped their cardzzz", I don't buy that criticism. It wouldn't be lame, it'd be business. What do you suggest then? E is successful for a reason. T11 is successful for a reason. And the truth is, they're not responsible for the hype, we are. Deal with it or don't complain.

When was the point of my post an issue of whether T11 is a business or not. Of course they are, thank you for pointing out that obvious fact. They have the right to market/hype their products anyway they want. And as a consumer of products, I have the right to criticise businesses practises I consider lame or cheesey. Deal with it or don't complain.

Oh, and one other thing, T11 is NOT responsible for the hype?!? Please take off your fanboy-tinted glasses. Trust me, they create the hype and are fully responsible for it. They know exactly what they're doing.

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
When was the point of my post an issue of whether T11 is a business or not. Of course they are, thank you for pointing out that obvious fact. They have the right to market/hype their products anyway they want. And as a consumer of products, I have the right to criticise businesses practises I consider lame or cheesey. Deal with it or don't complain.

Oh, and one other thing, T11 is NOT responsible for the hype?!? Please take off your fanboy-tinted glasses. Trust me, they create the hype and are fully responsible for it. They know exactly what they're doing.

LOL you clearly don't know me. Fanboy? Please. To this day I own one T11 product. Fanboy? Clearly. Do some research please.

You have the right to criticise business practices if they're lame/cheesy? How about: get over it? As you admitted, they're a business, what do you expect? My point wasn't that your point didn't have a point, it was that your point shouldn't have been posted at all, since it wasn't really a point, just a given.

As for the hype, I bring you Exhibit A: Wayne Houchin's site.

That pretty much speaks for itself.

Exhibit B: The Wire.

That pretty much speaks for itself.

Exhibit C: Smoke and Mirrors. They marketed it. We hyped it.

Don't blame the companies, look instead at how we act.

sinjin7

Elite Member
Apr 19, 2008
OK, I did a little research. The one YouTube video link in your signature shows a video of you using.....Brown Wynns!!! A deck, by the way, that T11 hyped as "rare". I guess the one T11 product you got were Wynns, eh? Please...

Sep 1, 2007
OK, I did a little research. The one YouTube video link in your signature shows a video of you using.....Brown Wynns!!! A deck, by the way, that T11 hyped as "rare". I guess the one T11 product you got were Wynns, eh? Please...

You can get Brown Wynns, from a lot more places than T11...

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results