Studs - Playing Cards

Feb 14, 2008
canada
www.youtube.com
Hey there, ive been watching some videos and i think i want to buy some stud playing cards. buy theres 1 problem... i dont know were to get them. i already checked lots of websites and they dont have them. plz help

meir

Banned
Dec 8, 2007
yea if you dont do magic they are like 10 or so different cards with 3-4 dupes

Ashrei

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2007
Actually, I went to Walgreen in Denver, CO and Sioux City, IA (places I lived), both of them had Stud cards. They were the first card I tried when I started magic. However, if I recall right, they only sell jumbo index and pinochles...

Sep 20, 2007
My walgreens has the ones with normal faces. I know because I just bought two packs a couple days ago. :)

D

Deleted member 2755

Don't buy Pinloche cards. I made the same mistake. They aren't poker cards. You will find a few blank face cards (which is actually pretty cool to have blank faced Studs). You will also have several dupes. There aren't even 52 (54 if you include jokers) cards in the deck. DO NOT BUY PINLOCHE! Stick with poker.

-EDIT-
Wallgreens carries these cards. ;)

-Doug

Ashrei

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2007
So I guess someone bought Pinochle (Pinloche?) card... So it comes with blank cards...? Is that same with Bycicle Pinochle (Pinloche?) ?

Personally, I don't like Studs cards very much, at least the ones I've used... I didn't think they were that impressive of a card...

D

Deleted member 2755

So I guess someone bought Pinochle (Pinloche?) card... So it comes with blank cards...? Is that same with Bycicle Pinochle (Pinloche?) ?

Personally, I don't like Studs cards very much, at least the ones I've used... I didn't think they were that impressive of a card...

I'm not familiar with Pinloche, so I can't help you. However, I can tell you that the Studs do come with the blank face cards. I am also with you... I dislike Studs. I'm not a fan. However, some people like them for their thin stock and feel.

-Doug

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
I think Studs are great. But I don't think the ones that I bought had a Blank Faced Card. Maybe they did and I just threw it out or something silly like that. :confused:

Mar 25, 2008
Arkansas
Walgreens is currently the exclusive distributor of STUDS. However, each individual Walgreens store is responsible for managing inventory. Often times the person(s) making the orders don't put a priority on making sure the poker area is stocked. Often they will only stock jumbos or pinochle decks.

Here's an often overlooked pro to Studs: the ample availability of pinochle cards means that if you force cards for an effect where cards are destroyed, you buy a deck of matching pinochle cards and you have multiple duplicates.
Also, Studs are thin so they tear consistently if you need to match corners or halves.

Jul 29, 2008
ds

studs are my main performing cards actually.i like their thinness, and they dont look gaffed.and theyre cheap.=]

Sep 1, 2007
The Windy City
Stud cards are manufactured by Walgreens, meaning that you can find them at most Walgreens. If you can't find them, go look at another Walgreens. They're everywhere. Also, Pinochle is a card game that requires the use of all of those duplicates. DO NOT buy that deck if you think it would be like a regular deck. Only buy the deck if you want duplicates and some blank cards.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results