Advice on furthering my card magic

Jul 2, 2008
singapore
i just bought the book the royal road to card magic. i just started card magic several months ago and i was just wondering whats the next step to take. smooth operations by kev ho or trilogy tricks by dnd. im from singapore and im a fan of kevin ho and dan and dave but i only can get 1 thing. and i hear that smooth op is printed in limited copies plss help :)

i just bought the book the royal road to card magic. i just started card magic several months ago and i was just wondering whats the next step to take. smooth operations by kev ho or trilogy tricks by dnd. im from singapore and im a fan of kevin ho and dan and dave but i only can get 1 thing. and i hear that smooth op is printed in limited copies plss help :)

Well if you have learned the basics. Then Smooth is a good choice.(PS havent seen it) But if not then i have a big list of things you should watch.

May 3, 2008
Singapore
www.youtube.com
hey fellow countryman.
Hmm, I wouldn't advise going out and buying a whole bunch of material as of yet. I'd say go through the royal road really really well first.
Smooth Ops is awesome and funnayeee.
If you DO want to get something, get the DG projects or the Trilogy or Dangerous. All compilations have really good materials.

P.S, which shop do ya frequent?

Jul 2, 2008
singapore
im just planning ahead cause i cant hold on to my money long enough to get some new material. they normally go to some new deck like centurions, split spades lions or guardians. i haven really gotten anything aside from the book. i was thinking that the trilogy would be a good place to start but smooth operations seems like a good read too. i was also wondering if the stuff in smooth ops are technically advanced and hard to master for beginners (eg. the reverse impulse) if they arent im getting smooth ops

Apr 9, 2008
Singapore
Hmm, I would recommend the trilogy if you have the cash. IMO, it's much easier to learn flourishes by watching instead of reading. I suggest that you read some reviews of custom cards before you buy them.

P.S. (To FOO:L and thanatos), which shops do y'all go to?

Jul 2, 2008
singapore
im not really into flourishes at the moment as i want to lay down some basics for my card magic. im deliberating on either believe, trilogy tricks, smooth operations, or a porper/card clip with a custom deck. i prefer not to leave things to reviews as i know that people have their own opinions, the custom deck i have yet to try is centurions but that would change soon :) . split spades are awesome in singapore not to mention tallys im not a fan of bikes though as they clump easily. (d34thg0d and FOO:L check your private messages :) )

May 3, 2008
Singapore
www.youtube.com
The Magic Hall and The Golden Landmark
I'd actually advise getting the crash course series by E if you want to work on sleights.
of course, if youre really feeling lucky, you can try out the heckler by tudor. Utility switches and stuff there make up a big part of my routines.

Apr 9, 2008
Singapore
Hmm, I would recommend the Crash Course series if it wasn't for Card College. If you have the cash for the Card College series, you should get it. The Card College series is expensive but it is something worth investing in if you are serious about card magic.

I go to The Magic Hall and The Golden Landmark too.

Sep 1, 2007
Orange, CA
kevhonline.net
Hey thanatos,

I'm in Singapore right now and I have a few copies of Smooth Ops on hand... if you'd like to save on shipping and get it instantly, then just shoot me a PM and we'll make the proper arrangements.

-Kev, The Virts

Jul 2, 2008
singapore
cheers guys i hope magic in singapore goes places :) nice to know there are others like there (just much better hahaha ) out there in small little singapore :)

May 3, 2008
Singapore
www.youtube.com
honestly, i havent even bought card college. Not a big book collector. but from reviews, id say if youre serious about getting sleights down, go for card college.

@ d34thg0d
we should meet up some time and session. (cough kev feel free to come too cough.) haha

May 3, 2008
Singapore
www.youtube.com
oh okay so im not invited hahaha nvm no problem hahaha ill probably have to work stuff out first :)

haha, yea maybe i'll PM you the day before i next go to a shop.
and speaking of gatherings, anyone here in the SMC? I'm pretty interested in meeting up with the guys that did the "Magic the gathering" video.

Apr 9, 2008
Singapore
@ FOO:L
Hmm, I'm only free during weekends. My CCA eats up mondays,wednesday and fridays.

I've been to the SMC forums but I don't have an account there because I don't have a paid email account.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results