Muscle Pass

Sep 1, 2007
This was going to be brought up sometime and as the newbie to coin magic I thought I should do it first

first things first, theres some suspicion around this move.

First off

can anyone do it?
Do you need a certain hand type?

does you hand need to be big or small?

how much practice does it take?

coin size?

and last, where do I learn it and learn it well?

~Beans

Sep 3, 2007
Pennsylvania
Anyone that has enough patience to practice this can do it, as it takes a lot of practice to master. All it is, is a more-difficult coin/chip sleight.

You don't need a certain hand type as far as I know.

Handsize shouldn't matter. Depending on what size your hands are, you should use a coin/chip that you find works best for you

It usually takes a good amount of practice but depending on how fast you learn the essentials, it can take less time.

Not sure of any dvds/books that teach it, because I found it on Youtube by accident, which is how I learned it. I'm against youtube exposure but I figured that most nonmagicians that might've stumbled across that video probably would not have enough patience to master the trick.

I hope I helped you out. :)

Sep 1, 2007
I think anyone that is willing to put the time into it can do it, its just harder for different people with different hand sizes.

For me, it toke about a day to get it into the right position, then about 1 week to get it to go up about 10 cm.

The coin I used to learn is about the size of the half dollar, I tried with a poker chip but that was to big for my hands.

I also learned this from youtube while looking at poker chip tricks. But there are some dvds out that fully look at this sleight. Jay Noblezada has one and David Kong is releasing one soon.

Sep 9, 2007
there is a dvd called the muscle pass by jay noblezada. I got it about a week and a half ago and he teaches everything really well. If you have any questions feel free to pm me.

Sep 1, 2007
when does that DVD come out? that sounds great!

Thanks for your help guys, I wanted to make sure I could do it before I tried.

~Beans

Sep 1, 2007
Calgary
www.hermitmagic.com
there is a dvd called the muscle pass by jay noblezada. I got it about a week and a half ago and he teaches everything really well. If you have any questions feel free to pm me.

Blindside has it right, Nick... Jay's DVD is only OKAY at best. He actually teaches the muscle pass pretty good, but then he goes on to say that it's OKAY for you to give it a little toss... which it's NOT.

For that reason alone, I'm staying clear of it.

Beans, you should wait for David kong's DVD, or perhaps get the DVD CHIP TRICKS, which also teaches it well.

Scott.

Sep 9, 2007
your right

he does say that it is ok to give it a little toss but he says to only do that if you can't get enough height. By using the other tips he gives I found no reason for you to need a toss. I agree there should not be a toss

Oct 16, 2007
well its one of my favorite moves. besides edge flips and some other variations! john cornelious came up with the move and i think its a sick move if you practice it tho! make it look natural to your hands is the best! if you want to see some good ones look up for shoot ogawas routines and if you have access to some japanese coin guys they also have very good tricks and concepts for muscle pass! good luck!

Oct 20, 2007
I can perform the muscle pass with penny's, nickles, quarters, half dollars and dollars. The dime is pretty difficult though. I hope this answers your question about hand size.

Sep 24, 2007
actually, John Cornielius dod not invent the muscle pass. Its originator is unknown, but one must admit... Mr. Cornelius really did popularize the move and gave it its infamous "coin that falls up" application.

-Chicken

Oct 16, 2007
well if no one knows its origin and all and cornelious did it i think we can credit him for doing so. maybe was a old idea and he made it work so i think the credit its all his!

I love the Muscle Pass. It has so many great aplications and the coin that falls up is an awsome opener for any routine I do with half dollars. I can kinda do it with doallars and quarters but only if I use hand moisterizer(yes it helps).

I can perform the muscle pass with penny's, nickles, quarters, half dollars and dollars. The dime is pretty difficult though. I hope this answers your question about hand size.

^Can you post a video of you doing a muscle pass with a penny. I would love to see that. I never thought that was possible^

Robbie

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results