1-on-1 // 5-Speed by Chris Kenner

Jul 26, 2008
NJ
This is my review for Theory11's 5-Speed, taught by Chris Kenner.

This is one of the best 1 on 1's ever. Chris teaches it perfectly, and the patter is charming. The secret is simple, it does not involve any really new sleights, and within minutes of watching you should have the whole thing down. I think it's worth a lot more than it sells for.

Effect: 8.5/10

Method: 7.5/10

Difficulty: 5/10

Reactions: 8/10

Overall, I give it an 8.5 out of 10. If you don't own this yet, you should buy it soon.

Sep 1, 2007
Leicester, UK
www.youtube.com
Be forewarned o ye who readeth the words inscribed 'pon the pages of TOOC, for the routine in question differ from that shown in the 1-on-1eth area.

Not that much though and it doesn't take too much thinking to work it so it ends up as the selection rather than the Joker. :)

- Sean

Sep 1, 2007
Be forewarned o ye who readeth the words inscribed 'pon the pages of TOOC, for the routine in question differ from that shown in the 1-on-1eth area.

Not that much though and it doesn't take too much thinking to work it so it ends up as the selection rather than the Joker. :)

- Sean
It's pretty easy to work it out though.

Sep 2, 2007
La Crescenta, CA
I really like this trick, except I wanted it to be impromptu so I tweaked a few pieces here and there and eventually found an ending by David Stone that left me squeaky clean. :)

Wow, I'm glad 2 out of 7 people decided to stay on topic.

We are on topic. We're talking about Totally Out Of Control, the book which features 5Speed.

And as for 5Speed. I think it is an Awesome effect. Although it isn't completely impromptu ( someone hands you a deck and says do a trick)

Although it is possible to make this impromptu with a help from 2 extra sleights, and there is a slight clean up.

• Crimp
  • Gambler's Cop

Cheers, Tom

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results