Coffee Shop Magic

Sep 2, 2007
Houston, TX
I have a coffee shop down the road from my house, and alot of weekends they have bands that play, and I was thinking, maybe they would let me perform one night. Now I need some help. I'm thinking that 3 tricks would be sufficient? Here is what I was looking at doing:

1. cups and balls: do the balls through cups bit, then the bit where you put the balls in your pocket, and they go back under the cup twice. I have mini cups and balls so I would say ok, Let me make it easier for you to follow...

2. Benson Bowl Routine: at the end I will make a deck of cards appear...

3. Simple triumph: say that I would bet that 95% of the people in here have seen a card trick before, and it was probably where they pick a card, and the magician finds it. I say that I will do that, but with a bit of a mix up...literally, then do the fan control taught on 1-on-1 into simple triumph

4. Card Production by D+M on 1-on-1: put the card back into the deck, and say oh, you know what, why dont you keep this? and do the production.

What do you guys think? How do you think I could add some humor? I own alot of sankey magic dvd's. Is there something you think I should add using some of his magic, so I dont have to buy anything?

Thanks,
Robby

Now, I have a book store/ cafe in my area and they have bands play frequently. I talked to them about their rules on performers and they said the settle for most performers. I asked about magicians and then showed some tricks and they said they'd love to have me. I haven't got around to calling them but they said that it would have to be me standing there in a close-up environ ment like you and they suggested that I make it about 1 to 2 hours long so that as people left and more came I would always have something new to show. I beleive you should get a longer routine so when new people come in the people who have been there get to see something new also.

I think you would be better off doing table hopping, people dont go to a coffe shop to see a show but if you go to theyre table its allot different. Thats just my opinion though, thats what i would do.

Jan 3, 2008
hi,

do table hopping, because I do not think that all the people will watch you do the magic. I did once a similar thing and the worst thing was lack of attention, because some people will go away, some will arrive and will ask:"show me that again", "shall we begin", "show me something" etc. and you realize that you are at the end of your routine with 5 people waiting to see magic. Then you reapeat something and the previous buch of guys comes back and says: " I saw that! Show something more." Man, that was terrible....

for this kinda places do table hopping.

Tomas

P.S. Or try it yourself, maybe it will do for you.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results