Daniel Madison - Change

Status
Not open for further replies.

webtech

Banned
Jun 14, 2008
We have all seen the video Daniel posted with his slieght "Change". Then he posted the follow up video where he gets busted for using a "Blink" card and his damage control team afterwards states...."Daniels video was designed to misguide people from the actual method". What a bunch of bulls***! Now he has a contest on his site where everyone is either using a blink card (or a variation of one) or video editing. What is this supposed to accomplish? I think everyone here has had a blink card sometime when they were first starting out in magic. One reason for this. Damage control, damage control, damage control! Daniel has really lost his credibility with me. One thing you will never see is a realease of "Change". It is clearly not a slieght but a gimmick. If he does come out with it, it will just be another variation of a blink card. And he would probably get sued! Sometimes you just get sick of the deceptions!!!!!

Sep 1, 2007
Leicester, UK
www.youtube.com
I believe so, yes.

Can you show me? :) With a link to a quote if possible.

Still though, what if it is? Just because we don't know of a way it might be possible, doesn't immediately mean it has to be a gimmick or camera editing? Contrary to what we might think, yes we're magicians, but no we don't by default know everything there is to know in magic.

In saying this, Daniel is a deceiver and I don't mind that because he gets you guys (and me sometimes)wound up or hyped up whenever he wants, reminding you that in the end you're just as easily manipulated as anyone else.

Maybe because the video is entitled CHANGE, he might just be showing off the Blink card. Just because he's called the video CHANGE doesn't mean it's actually the colour change he's come up with. I could name a video cups and balls and do distortion; am I making sense? :p

- Sean

D

Deleted member 2755

There are only maybe 2 or 3 people that know the method. No one else knows anything about it. Right now the head rumor is that it WILL be released on a DVD called Change which will feature several changes, not just his. The whole video will apparently just be about color changes. Only time will tell though.

I BELIEVE (not fact so please don't ask for quotes) Daniel Madison said it will be released in 2009. If he says it will be released in 2009, there is no reason not to believe him.

Haters will hate. Believers will believe. We will just have to wait and see. :)

-Doug

Jan 23, 2008
Leeds, UK

Not everything in magic is created to be 'released'
d+M has some amazing material that he'll never release
Change was initially a response to a challenge simply to create the fairest possible colorchange... it's not about method, it's about the beauty of magic, it's not about deception, it's pure entertainment
If you made an ACR video and said 'this is just a series of double lifts' it would be no good, if you said 'this is sleight of hand that allows me to secretly return the top card' it would be a far better video
In d+M's description, what did you guys want him to say? 'Hey guys this is a trick card that i made, it's completely gaffed up and involves camera tricks and a small mirror, i also used glue and a dogs ear'
One thing that so many magicians fail on is the support that strengthens the effects, they just do a trick on video and say 'hey look what i filmed, please comment and tell me i'm good.'
Houdini didn't say 'come see a curtain be pulled in front of the glass cage where a crane will lift me out behind it'
If you're a magician and can't think of a method beyond a blink-card then maybe you need a few 101 lessons. d+M wouldn't have been so redundant to have used a blink-card: something that you've all probably got and something d+M and I see as a pointless trick as it cannot be inspected... why use a gimmick such as this when you could just shapeshift?
No revelations will be made on 080808, the challenge is simply that... a challenge and in d+M's words...
"...If you have the ability to cause a card to change instantly, why do you need to cover it up, or turn it over... or for that matter why have it on or near the deck? If you have to the ability to change a card you should do so fairly, holding only 1 card, away from the deck and all should be offered for inspection before and after. If you apply this train of thought to every effect you perform you will surely become a true master of magic..."
True?

James Wise Magic

Elite Member
Dec 28, 2007
Can you show me? :) With a link to a quote if possible.

In saying this, Daniel is a deceiver and I don't mind that because he gets you guys (and me sometimes)wound up or hyped up whenever he wants, reminding you that in the end you're just as easily manipulated as anyone else.

- Sean

Ouch man!! I love that quote!! And it's very true!

Sep 1, 2007
One thing you will never see is a realease of "Change". It is clearly not a slieght but a gimmick. If he does come out with it, it will just be another variation of a blink card. And he would probably get sued! Sometimes you just get sick of the deceptions!!!!!

I love how magicians think they're smarter than they actually are. And they get so offended over any deception, real or imagined.

One thing that so many magicians fail on

Fail. Let's go with that word.

webtech

Banned
Jun 14, 2008
your not understanding me here. The deception was that he got busted for using a blink card then tried to cover it up by his peeps saying the deception was deliberate. I have no problem using a gaffed card for any trick.

Sep 1, 2007
The deception was that he got busted for using a blink card then tried to cover it up by his peeps saying the deception was deliberate.

No, that's the explanation you came up with. It does nothing to change my point. Nor does it contradict the fact that I'm always right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results