What Is The First Thing You Do?

Aug 1, 2008
Salinas, CA
Whats the First Thing You Do When You Open Up A New Deck Of Cards. Fan Them? Bust Out A Trick? Smell Them? Tell Us Here. I Think Its kinda Funny What People Do and After Talking To My Friends I Have Found Out Some Interesting Things.

Apr 9, 2008
Singapore
When I open a new deck of cards. I spread through the cards to inspect the pips and faces. Next, I dribble and fan the cards. Followed by flourishes that retain the order of the deck.

Sep 1, 2007
When I open a new deck of cards. I spread through the cards to inspect the pips and faces. Next, I dribble and fan the cards. Followed by flourishes that retain the order of the deck.

Exactly what I do, but instead of flourishes I do about 16 perfect faros.

bd

Jun 26, 2008
San Francisco, California
Throw away the top two cards (the advertisements), and store the bottom two cards (the jokers).

I then do a thumb fan, some false shuffles and flourishes, and then soak them in water for about 20 minutes. I find that it helps to keep the cards from overdrying. ;)

Aug 1, 2008
Salinas, CA
Throw away the top two cards (the advertisements), and store the bottom two cards (the jokers).

I then do a thumb fan, some false shuffles and flourishes, and then soak them in water for about 20 minutes. I find that it helps to keep the cards from overdrying. ;)

Lawl Water... Nice!

I honestly love the smell of new cards. I usually bust out a Carnahan Fan first thing, because they look the best with new cards, then I usually dribble them face up. I find most decks don't want to "agree" with face down dribbles until I shuffle them a bit.

Jul 15, 2008
I attempt some random flourish and then drop half the cards and try to fix the corners that got bent and smudged :{

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results