Sweaty Hands... For Coins

Hey guys. I know that the "sweaty hands" topic has been discussed mostly in the card magic forums, however my hands are sweaty to the point where the coin slips out when it's Classic Palmed and other palms.

Does anyone else have this problem? If so, any way to resolve it?

Thanks guys!

;D

Aug 31, 2007
I tend to rock the side of my pants a couple times or blow on my hand. I normally pretend like I'm itching my nose and blow on my hand a bit.

Could maybe get new coins with fresh milled edges? Schoolcraft or Lassen can hook you up there.

Maybe learn some different techniques so you're less reliant on the classic palm.

Just curious what kind of coins are you using? I noticed that when using IKE's the coins tend to be way more slippery then silver coins.

Can't really think of anything else. Maybe some baby powder might help?

-Sypris

Jul 19, 2008
Hey guys. I know that the "sweaty hands" topic has been discussed mostly in the card magic forums, however my hands are sweaty to the point where the coin slips out when it's Classic Palmed and other palms.

Does anyone else have this problem? If so, any way to resolve it?

Thanks guys!

;D

Hey,
A quick fix is to wash your hands in icy water. It's short lived, but it'll help you get by. I have heard a few drops of glycerin helps, but I've never tested it myself. I also find the pure silver half dollars (like a 1964 Kennedy) are much more forgiving during times of sweat than the nickel plated counterparts.

Two fish are in a tank. One says to the other, "You man the guns, I'll drive."

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results