Woodside, NY, USA
There are several versions of this routine that I am aware of. These are:
1) Chris Kenner's Three Fly
2) Daryl's 3 Fly III
3) R. Paul Wilson's Completely Crowded!
4) Bob Kohler's Ultimate 3 Fly
5) Mark Mason's Come Fly With Me
6) others

I just wanted to hear your opinions on any that you know of, and if you could, explain the differences between each, which one your favorite is and why, etc. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
the 300 dollar one is a complete waste imo
while its a good product, its not worth more than the price of the gaffs
and than...there gaffs lol...why would u want that
umm, and kenners 3 fly is published in totally out of control....
and you should stick with that one
by FAR

Sep 9, 2007
1) Chris Kenner's Three Fly (unpublished I believe, except for Three Fry in TOoC)
2) Daryl's 3 Fly III
3) Paul Wilson's
5) Mark Mason's Come Fly With Me ( I believe the most acclaimed)
6) others

I just wanted to hear your opinions on any that you know of, and if you could, explain the differences between each, which one your favorite is and why, etc. Thank you.

p.s. - I plan on purchasing #5, but $300 is pretty hefty so I need someone to push me over the edge

Chris Kenner's version was published in Totally Out of Control as "Menage Et Trois", as well as a separate booklet called "3 fly". It's ungaffed, and is unique in it's mechanics.

Paul Wilson's version is also ungaffed, and it's mechanics are closer to what the bulk of 3-fly routines use. It's published in a little booklet, as well as on his A-1 tapes, and more recently in his "crowded coins" PDF.

Bob Kohler's and Mark Mason's version use somewhat similar gaff sets, and are expensive, but look great, and are easier than most ungaffed versions. Bob Kohler's routine includes a handling which allows you to hand out the gaff set at the end, which you cannot do with Mason's.

They're all excellent routines, with the exception (for me) of Daryl's 3-fly, which I feel is not in the same league as the other routines.

If you want to learn the trick, your best bet is to study all of the material you can regarding the basic effects and methods.

Aug 31, 2007
Adding to the above: ThreeFry is not a VCA, rather a 3 coin vanish and reproduction, then simultaneous change.

Plenty of other performers have put out material on the VCA: Reed McClintock, Troy Hooser, Chris Korn (?).

Sep 9, 2007
Adding to the above: ThreeFry is not a VCA, rather a 3 coin vanish and reproduction, then simultaneous change.

Plenty of other performers have put out material on the VCA: Reed McClintock, Troy Hooser, Chris Korn (?).

...Kainoa Harbottle (if you're feeling frisky), David Neighbors, Gary Kurtz, Geoffrey Latta, Nathan Kranzo, Jonathan Townsend... The list goes on.

Quite a few of them are similar in mechanics, but they all have something to add.

Sep 1, 2007
Grenoble (France)
Another one I found in youtube, very impressive
http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=yAeiz2nTFWo

I'm working on "Ménage à trois" for 6 months, it is one of my favorite. I think I could present it in 6 other months to be perfect. I'm actually trying to build something before.
I think it is too powerful for a normal layman, if I start directly with. Maybe following the Paul Wilson 3 fly "Crowed to" for the coins' appearances.
And for this I use poker chips for the sound and the look.

Wow, the weirdest thing just happened to me. I was reading this thread (absolutely clueless, I might add) when I decided to go back to the 'Gneeral magic' section (I've got it bookmarked). And what do I see - a post by JBayme titled '1on1 - threeFry released'!

So yeah...maybe this will help :p
http://forums.theory11.com/showthread.php?t=872

EDIT: I've been told that three fry is not a three fly routine. Why must you insist on confusing me, Mr. Kenner -_-"

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 24, 2007
Actually, (taking out the gaffed 3 fly's) many of today's 3 fly routines are pretty similar, with minor things like having the hands not touch . To the specators, they are all the same. So for me, that means sticking with the original- Mr. Kenners.

-Chicken

Sep 30, 2007
Bob Kohler's and Mark Mason's version use somewhat similar gaff sets, and are expensive, but look great, and are easier than most ungaffed versions. Bob Kohler's routine includes a handling which allows you to hand out the gaff set at the end, which you cannot do with Mason's.

Three things about this. First CFWM comes with more gaffs than U3F. You can do U3F with the CFWM set. And yes you can pass the coins out in U3F but you can't give all the coins to one spectator cause they will see some of them are not the same if you have seen the gaffs you know what I mean. Peace.

Jul 19, 2008
1) Chris Kenner's Three Fly
2) Daryl's 3 Fly III
3) R. Paul Wilson's Completely Crowded!
5) Mark Mason's Come Fly With Me
6) others

Lee Asher also has a 3 Fly called "3 Stylin'" It uses poker chips. It's very good, and it's umgimmicked. Of your list above, I owned #4 and actually sold it. You can do just as nice a 3 fly with no gimmicks for a fraction of the cost. Check out Trio by Gary Kurtz. It can be found in his book "Unexplainable Acts". Check out "The Silver Surf II" for Troy Hooser's version. In the end each routine accomplishes the same task. Check them all out for yourself and you decide.

"Why do they call it a restroom? I mean who really rests in there?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results