Card Splitting

Hey guys. I'm writing this to see if anyone is familiar with card splitting to make your own gimmicks. I am after a blank face smoke and mirrors card for a signature effect of mine. I cant afford to keep splitting these cards for trial and error progress. If someone thinks they are up to making one for me, I will gladly give proceeds.

Nov 17, 2007
Card splitting is very simple. It's a lot easier than most people think because more people do it the wrong way. The DVD magicpowder is talking about has the best ways to split a card.

Sep 20, 2007
if you need a blank card use acetone to erase the face and then spray it with clear coat for a smooth finish :)

Or you could just purchase the dvd 'The Art Of Card Splitting' like magicpowder said, trust me it's worth the money as your only limited to your imagination when you learn all the different techniques, when you get real good you'll be able to split a card 99% of the time and it only takes about 20 seconds when you get good at splitting the cards.

Jul 20, 2008
Dallas
alternatively, you could just answer the kids question

i split cards, as i like to make my own gimmicks,
and i would be happy to make you a gaff to use with your smoke and mirrors deck

Reactions: Dragonbones
Jun 10, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
I have a history of splitting and creating cards for myself, anf for the professional use of the local pro's in my area. i will say, while card splitting is a good skill to have, to create a blank face card is alot easier than all that! and you needn't use chemicals. A fine grain sandpaper, and even a normal pencil eraser will take the design from the face of the card. The one thing to watch out for (which is something i'm sure ALL gaff makers experience) is getting halfway through erasing a card with a rubber eraser, then the card buckles under the rubbing, leaving a horrible big fold in the card, rendering it useless! It's horrible to have to start over again!

CL

Sep 5, 2007
i just use sandpaper for making blank decks. its fast ,easy and very smooth to the touch.
acetone F#%#'s up the surface of your card.

Apr 27, 2008
Norway
theres actually a difference between erasers...(i was shocked too:eek:)

i have been using a red eraser and they work just fine for my Bicycle brand playing cards. if you wish, you can practise the technique of erasing on a joker or an extra card with the same finish, although as i have not purchased neither Smoke nor Mirrors, i cannot outright defiantly tell you it will work.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results