Capital Magic Festival (Ottawa, ON, Canada)

Jul 15, 2008
For six magical days, the grounds of Ottawa’s SuperEX will be transformed into a magical experience for everyone no matter what ages.

You will see magic, illusion, sleight of hand, escapes, comedy and a range of magic on 7 stages - the widest variety of magic ever to be seen in Canada.

All shows are free with admission to SuperEX, Ottawa’s annual fair.

The Tamarack Homes Main Stage Shows – Entertaining illusionists direct from Las Vegas and Los Angeles plus an outstanding opening on August 15.
Six other stages with unbelievable magic, including the Close-up Magic Theatre, will mesmerize your whole family for 12 hours a day and through 30 shows daily!

Looks great! for whoever's in the area. If you're in Montreal like me, I can drive there on Sunday Morning, so PM me. (No ride back tho. I'm gonna stay in Ottawa for a while... gonna have to go for Greyhound)

Some notable guests inclue Jeff McBride, Pendragons, David Murray (Prop comic, that uses some magic gimmicks), and some people I don't recognize.

Here's the link: CLICK HERE

Anyone gonna be there?

Sep 5, 2007
haha... I live in Ottawa and I am so going this Friday night for Jeff McBride at 7.00pm... Hope I wil be there on time since I have work until 6pm... This must be a great show once a year in Ottawa... see you fellow magician there lol...

Jul 15, 2008
hmmm, I'm gonna go for sunday, because I'm busy on saturday and friday. but maybe next week's shows I can go friday

Sep 1, 2007
Cornwall
hmm im in cornwall
but i work sat morning...shame greyhound is useless here

leave for ottawa at 7am
only returns at 4pm, so if anything is after 4pm, i have to stay another day just to return home

Jul 15, 2008
there's a 99$ package that includes hotel and stuff

its on the site, check it out

Sep 5, 2007
I think if you stay too late in Ottawa, I think you can go to university of Ottawa and stay for one night lol.... I think the price for 1 night is 30~50... maybe lol... not sure the exactly price for 1 night:D

Jul 15, 2008
I'm gonna try and get Jeff McBride's to sign a card for me...

Which one should it be? Ace of Spades?

also what kind of deck? Bicycles? does Jeff like Tally-Hos?

Unfortunately, I don't have any of his DVDs : (

Sep 5, 2007
I just came back from the Magic festival lol.. and it was good to see Jeff McBride doing stage magic even I saw it before. And most important thing is I saw one of professional magician there doing magic there at Grant Tiger stage ^^ It was very nice to see him again ^^

Jul 15, 2008
Yea, Jeff's show was pretty good. I went today.. last day for Jeff...

He was signing cards, so I got him to sign a red backed Ace of Spades, altho he also handed me a 6 of spades from his own deck that he signed :/

I also watched Steven Kline's show. Was pretty good and funny too.

and then went to that workshop thingy w/ Mike Segal... had a little chat... asked about sorcerers safari. DAMN! I wanna go, but I'm too old now... by 1 year.

I also asked if I can be a staff member, and he's like: Don't wanna put you down, but everyone on staff is either 1. famous or 2. was a long time camper. and I was like :( but he did suggest me to goto CAM next year. It's gonna be in my hometown MTL! gonna be sweet!

oh ya... and

Pendragons next week!!!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results