Ulmen Trials

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 1, 2007
I would be impressed if any of the people that talked smizack in this thread could even post an unuct vid of the first few known steps.

Eugene said it right pretty much most everyone here sucks.

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Keep in mind though, criticism is the same principle as sport - you put it out there in the public arena, you put yourself out there to criticism. I have no comment to make specifically on the Ulmen Trials - but regardless, when it comes to criticism, it doesn't matter if I couldn't do them - which I can't - it doesn't mean I shouldn't be able to criticise them. Certainly, I should not be arrogant in my comments about them, or demean them - but I certainly should think that I have the right to voice my opinions if it is in a neutral manner. For example, we can criticise our sportsmen for poor form, pitching in baseball, shooting in basketball, batting in cricket, whatever, in fact, it's the subject of normal conversation. Could we do better, for the majority, no, but they put themselves in the public arena. I don't see the problem with criticism per se, even if everyone here sucks (which I don't disagree with) - but comments should be targetted at arrogant criticism, rather than just criticism in my opinion.

Aug 5, 2008
I would be impressed if any of the people that talked smizack in this thread could even post an unuct vid of the first few known steps.

Eugene said it right pretty much most everyone here sucks.

Why would anyone want to do that? They are a joke,A foot Shuffle? what the hell does that prove.

Nothing!

Sep 1, 2007
dual one handed shuffles, 30 packet display, an original SSS, these are the type of challenges that might make you discover something new and completely different from the Ulmen trials, who knows, foot shuffling sounds ridiculous to me too (haha presenting that to laymen might be difficult) but I'm not going to talk a bunch of crap about something when , like Eugene said, I haven't done enough to even give my words any weight, same goes for youn00bs that can't even do running charliers yet you hate on the Ulmen challenges.

Yeah you can personally disagree like praetorievoug but, I just dont think you should disrespect it when you don't even know what all the challenges even are! Besides I mean, its a cool castle, Germany is amazing, so there's a whole bunch of awesome thigns about competing in the Ulmen trials that you guys arent even thinking about. As far as the black robed dudes go, well if you can perform under that pressure than you can for sure deal with any laymen hecklers or who knows maybe someday even a kids show! (those are the most brutal I hear)

OMG......some of you people are REALLY ****ing STUPID!!!
(excuse my french):rolleyes:

The ulmen trials is something that challenges you and helps bring you to your full potential.
The robes and torches and all that is (symbolic)
It's not like these guys are walking around in robes all day swinging there hands in the air going woosh...woosh...like there some kind of nerds playing pretend starwars.
Haven't you ever seen people dress up in old style clothes and go to festivals?
These guys only do this because they want to honor their ancestors!
It's TRADITION!!!

MULTIPLE people enter the ulmen trials EVERY YEAR!!!! (for those of you who think only a few people have done it.)

Anyone who want's to know anything about the ulmen trials, de'vo, etc...
ask someone at HL, ME, or someone who knows what there talking about. :)
Noone here knows ****!:rolleyes:

These forums don't really care about personal compentence about the art all they care about is if they can get it on camera or not to upload to all their friends and get some e-sex with some e-fame.
They don't care that they'd be able to perform feats with their hands tied behind their back or hanging upside down.
They don't care if they can do these in public or not.
They don't care if they have a performer's personality or not.
They don't care if they challenge themselves cause they want to be doing the same thing over and over again cause they can do it oh-so perfectly and are afraid to fail miserable with something new.
They don't care about the practicality just the credits so someone gets the e-fame.

Dec 22, 2007
Long Island, New York
OMG......some of you people are REALLY ****ing STUPID!!!
(excuse my french)
Nice way to start your argument. Gives it that extra professional touch...:rolleyes:

The ulmen trials is something that challenges you and helps bring you to your full potential.
You mean to the few people that compete in it? After learning about the trials I never had the urge to start practicing the foot shuffle. The only things I've ever tried creating that has something to do with Ulmen are sculptures and displays. Seriously, your displays don't need 30 packets to be good and your sculptures don't need to be self standing to be visually appealing
The robes and torches and all that is (symbolic)
Symbolic of what? The only stuff we have to go on about the history of the trialz is what De'vo says, that they have been going on for thousands of years and the early competitors pushed themselves to the physical limits...and then decided to play with cards. :rolleyes:
Anyone who want's to know anything about the ulmen trials, de'vo, etc...
ask someone at HL, ME, or someone who knows what there talking about. :)
Noone here knows ****!
But according to Webghost no one knows **** about De'vo.:rolleyes:

May 16, 2008
Pittsburgh
Guys you need to cal down. Especially you Eugene. You're just escalating everything to where you have everyone mad.

If anyone would like to know, there are several videos along with information on the Ulmen Trials on Ciappi's website.

http://www.ciappi.com/ulmentrials.htm

The videos are shot by De'vo of Ciappi at the trials.

hope that clears some things up

-Kevin

Sep 1, 2007
Yes they are goals to try and achieve but if everyones achieving the same goals, it takes away from the originality of flourishing.

This coming from a guy who doesn't even know what they are.

Ulmen trials = utter pinnacle of loserdom.

50 bucks says you've never seen a Jeff McBride stage show.

I love how you all seem to think that pageantry is for losers. You're such rebels.

All you do is try to act cool since your idal Andrei or Jonas said that devo is a liar, then you believe what they say and try to act like you know what's going on. When in reality you don't know ****.

The rules of the challenge are to have there own versions. For example step to is do a SSS but it has to be creative and stand on it's own. And all this talk about devo lying and hyping products is pure bull. Seriously look at the site were in now.

Law of averages says we have to agree on something eventually.

Honestly, I find the rambling of these kids amusing. They want to sound like experts without the hassle of working toward expertise. They want to sound like rebels without having to do anything controversial.

It's adorable.

He also likes to put on capez and robez and he collects dragonz and knivez.

It makes me laugh everytime you kids bring this up as if it makes a difference in anything.

Nice way to start your argument. Gives it that extra professional touch...:rolleyes::
yup

You mean to the few people that compete in it? After learning about the trials I never had the urge to start practicing the foot shuffle. The only things I've ever tried creating that has something to do with Ulmen are sculptures and displays. Seriously, your displays don't need 30 packets to be good and your sculptures don't need to be self standing to be visually appealing

"1st"alot of people compete in it but you don't see them because the trials are done privately.
"2nd" The trials are not about performing....its a test....a test to see if your willing to push the limits past normality with cards......those who are passionate and take the time to learn and create are highly rewarded.....you will never understand this I guess.......

Symbolic of what? The only stuff we have to go on about the history of the trialz is what De'vo says, that they have been going on for thousands of years and the early competitors pushed themselves to the physical limits...and then decided to play with cards. :rolleyes:

Didn't you read my first post? Anyways....for a long time a few friends (ulmen 4)
Wen't to the castle to push thereselves physically and mentally (much like the military) to become more disciplined and to discover what is possible and impossible....
De'vo took the story of the ulmen 4 and formed it with card manipulation. (do you see how it could help people become creative and learn/excell?)

But according to Webghost no one knows **** about De'vo.:rolleyes:
Dude.......noone knows where he lives.....what he has for breakfast....blah blah blah....but when it comes to the history of handlordz and things that de'vo has said/done publically on the forums etc...I and or someone who has been apart of handlordz will probably know and can help those with questions.....

I just wan't you to know you are very ignorant because most of everything you say is wrong.

Dec 10, 2007
Texas
oh.. well, I obviously didn't think you were kidding -due to the fact that most people on here aren't kidding when they say that -then they come out with a noob video.
Either way-

Cheers,
Eugene

Sep 1, 2007
Maybe it's just me, but it seems a little odd to say you have no opinion on something. The only way not to have an opinion about something is to not know it exists.

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
It's not just you Steerpike - though I would suggest that he just meant he doesn't really care either way (which still admittedly is an opinion) or he doesn't feel like voicing it (as I said earlier).

Sep 1, 2007
oh.. well, I obviously didn't think you were kidding -due to the fact that most people on here aren't kidding when they say that -then they come out with a noob video.
Either way-

Cheers,
Eugene

If you're lucky, you get a n00b video. most of the n00bs on this website just talk about what they can do and never back it up with any video at all. thats why I recommend trying to shoot a video uncut , its a good reality check to help you realize how bad you are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results