Ultrasmoke, Electric Touch, M5, or Gecko?

Jul 29, 2008
As you can tell I have a small problem deciding what I should purchase for the beggining of the year.

Money really isn't an issue but I'm only getting one.
If anyone could give me the information on what is the difficulty of the set-up, can any of them be done sleeveless, how long will they last, if it's comfortable and any other tidbits that can help me decide.

Also what would YOU guys recommend. Keep in mind I've been in magic for like 2 or 3 years now depending on how you look at it and I'm only 13.

m5 is too dangerous for 13 yo kid (you might ended up breaking your finger if somehow an accident happen w/ the m5) , ultra smoke is also too dangerous for 13 years old kid, Electrict touch is awesome for you but choose your audience well or you ended up killing them if they have heart proplem, and the Gecko is most fited you.

Jul 29, 2008
Care to explain what you just stated?
Such as why the M5 and Ultrasmoke is dangerous?
And how Electric Touch could give someone a heart-attack?

Care to explain what you just stated?
Such as why the M5 and Ultrasmoke is dangerous?
And how Electric Touch could give someone a heart-attack?

ultra smoke is corrosive and if you don't handle it w/ care you'll gonna hurt yourself and everyone around you ( it's said you must be 18 to use it)

M5 is strong enough to draw heavy stuff toward it and it will slam your hand, it's hurt; I learn it the hard way.

Electric touch is you zap someone, what if you accidentally zap some one have weak heart and that will give them a hart attack?

Nov 15, 2007
Ada Oklahoma
I have both Gecko and the M5. The M5 is absolutely the easiest to get the hang of, and its just the opposite for The Gecko.

M5:
PROS: Good for your PK effects. Great-ish reactions.
CONS: Not quite sure if the price fits it. Seasonal clothing mostly limited. People can almost figure out what it is.

Gecko:
PROS: Fun to just play with. Good reactions if preformed right.
CONS: 60$ is to much for this, 40-45$ would have been better. Seasonal clothing mostly limited. Takes time to get this down (more than any of the others.)

I can't really give you an overlook on the others as I don't own them.

-SM

Mar 2, 2008
The M5- Is dangerous to have in the house! Don't get it to close to the t.v and Don't get it at all. Sleeves required

Ultra smoke 2000- The smoke i herd could acualy hurt ur spectaors and your self if enough of the smoke hits you. sleeves requierd and the sleeves get dirty from the device

Electric Touch- I think its perfect for mentilist because of the *thought* being felt. Or if you have a marked deck its good for that to. Make paper move and bend water. but i think your best bet is the...

Gecko- NO SLEVES REQUIERD people. You do in a overcoat :D. Its a little pricy for what it is but it does come with all the stuff you need. I think its better then the raven.

May 12, 2008
I have the gecko and i really like it
if you go to hocus-pocus.com I think its only like 50 bucks for memebers but its a free membership
its really worth it
and its a lot of fun once you put the time into practicing

Sep 2, 2007
I own the m5 and electric touch. I rarely use either. I need to spend time thinking of ways to use these items. m5 is good however you would need very baggy clothing. You do not necessarily need to have long sleeves depending on how you will be performing. You could attach it to your ankle or knee and use it under a table. It is extremely powerful close range and can make a noise if things clank against it.

I was sold on the electric touch hype. Ahh sorry for being negative. Its a great item but has certain limitations on where you can perform, but if you are outside alot you shouldn't have too much trouble. . Plus it does require a fairly extensive setup for the gimmick. Your clothing is restricted, however you could perform this shirtless if you would like. Also fair warning anytime you shock someone/something, you get shocked yourself. There are a ton of setups, however if you follow the original setup and the one on the dvd, you need a pair of dress/business casual shoes.

As far as with the m5, most everyone would suspect it and the opposite for the e.t.

Jul 12, 2008
Kendal
Just as a curiosity - how exactly does the electric touch work, and how come you get shocked each time you use it? Is it meant to do that?

Sep 2, 2007
Just as a curiosity - how exactly does the electric touch work, and how come you get shocked each time you use it? Is it meant to do that?

not to sound like im patronizing, i dont want to give too much to exposure, but it uses electricity. I guess you could liken it to rubbing your feet on thick carpet, then when you touch a door knob or someone else, there is that shock.

Jul 12, 2008
Kendal
:mad: As in how does it bend water, stick cards to the wall, and how come it can go through your body without killing you? I'm not totally stupid, but even with a lot of static electricity, I've never heard of water bending away from the touch.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results