Erdnase Go Round

Sep 1, 2007
Let me start off by saying that I try not to ask for help for every single flourish I learn, I really try to perfect stuff on my own, but this move is giving me so many problems I thought maybe somebody here could give me something that could help me learn this thing. I've been practicing the opening grip for over a month and a half, and I just can't pull down a packet like they do in the trilogy. I have all my fingers in the right spot, and the packet just won't go down. I can get my fingers into the deck, and I try to pull the packet down, but what it results in is basically just bending the half I'm attempting to pull down. I know this sounds a bit whiny, and a lot of your responses will be just to practice, but I think I might be doing something wrong, or I'm not pulling down right. I've watched the vid dozens off times, so are if there's ANYTHING tip wise you could give me regarding the pulling down portion, I would really really appreciate it. Thanks for your time,
Creep

Jun 20, 2008
Let me start off by saying that I try not to ask for help for every single flourish I learn, I really try to perfect stuff on my own, but this move is giving me so many problems I thought maybe somebody here could give me something that could help me learn this thing. I've been practicing the opening grip for over a month and a half, and I just can't pull down a packet like they do in the trilogy. I have all my fingers in the right spot, and the packet just won't go down. I can get my fingers into the deck, and I try to pull the packet down, but what it results in is basically just bending the half I'm attempting to pull down. I know this sounds a bit whiny, and a lot of your responses will be just to practice, but I think I might be doing something wrong, or I'm not pulling down right. I've watched the vid dozens off times, so are if there's ANYTHING tip wise you could give me regarding the pulling down portion, I would really really appreciate it. Thanks for your time,
Creep

Something that may help is to add a good bit of pressure with your thumb and pinky. Also, try to tilt the deck up a little bit higher than you usually do. That's all the advice I personally can give my friend. Hope it helps!!!!

Best wishes,
Jeff

Sep 1, 2007
Thanks for replying! That pressure thing helped out quite a bit actually, I'm able to pull the cards down a little bit more now, but still not nearly close enough to execute the flourish, but I'll keep practicing the hell out of it. Thanks again for the tip, keep em comin.

Jun 10, 2008
You little stalker!
do you do it the v1 way or the v2 way? cuz i think that v2 is much easier and it looks alot better too. Anways, as to your problem, i beleive it's suppose to bend the half you're pulling down. Cuz the bending is what helps spring the packet out. Also, as clokwork said, add pressure with the thumb and pinky. Think of the as thumb and pinky controling the top packet while the other fingers control the bottom packet. Hope this helps.

Jun 20, 2008
Thanks for replying! That pressure thing helped out quite a bit actually, I'm able to pull the cards down a little bit more now, but still not nearly close enough to execute the flourish, but I'll keep practicing the hell out of it. Thanks again for the tip, keep em comin.

Hey man anytime. Erdnase go round is something that is surprisingly more knacky for people and since it really wasn't much of a problem for me to learn I thought it only fair for me to share.

Also, tilt your wrist up so that it's almost pointing directly to your eyes, and then apply about as much pressure as the thumb and pinky with the index and middle fingers. That should cause the packet to separate completely from the rest of the deck, from there just continue with the rest of the throwing portion of the flourish and you should be fine as long as your good at catching. ;)

Sep 1, 2007
Its gettting better! Again, I'm still can't get it into the position where I can chuck it up, but still, in the matter of an hour I got it a lot better, which is great.

And I'm talking about the first version. I personally like it better than the second.

Sep 1, 2007
USA
I practiced this for... well... forever.... probably over a year before I got it down

but it's still not as good as I want it and I can't do it every time, I"m 8/10 on that

so what I'm saying is with what you're doing, just keep practicing and eventually you'll find something that'll help you do it a lot better.

I can't really tell you anything else

When you are actually throwing the packet, you are snaping your wrist down to make the packet flip over. The more downward force you put on it, the faster the packet will flip and land. If you want it to fly higher and spin slower, pull down with less force.
Z

Sep 1, 2007
okay so many of these advice so far are just wrong. I know and love all versions of the erdnase go round. In order for the aerial to be clean there should be NO BENDING or strain on EITHER of the packets! You're not DROPPING the bottom packet, you are LIFTING UP the top packet. sorry for yelling. But this is crazy wrong the advice you're getting here. a possibility is that your intial grip might be incorrect b/c that would explain difficulty in clearing them. If your technique is correct this move is actually very easy. If you really want to knock this problem down, just post a pic or vid of your grips and it'll clear everything up for sure.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results