How do you prefer a deck of cards?

Do you like new or broken in cards

• Total voters
Sep 2, 2007
I try to use, for my performances, the newest deck that I have available. I use broken-in decks for practice and personal use.

Cheers,
JTM

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
Limbo

It is in a state of Limbo that i prefer my cards.... before a performance i will open a new deck and run through the routine once... this is to insure that the cards are usable for the moves... this amount it perfect... i will not tolerate any more or any less...

Sep 1, 2007
Los Angeles, California
I use to like them brand new when I started doing card magic. But after I got into flourishing, I then realized how a broken in deck will benefit me more in both flourishing and magic.

I like to open a deck and do a few XCM moves for a while to break them in a little but still have the new feeling of them and then perform. This is my ideal card condition since they're still brand-new but dont slide and slip all over the place.

-RA69

I like mine broken in. When I open a pack I will shuffle them and spring them quite a bit and then stick them in one of my card clips overnight. When I come back they are just the way I like them. Not to stiff and not to soft. They seem to last longer too. Another upside is that they will be flat as a pancake when I take them out and they stay that way for awhile.

Tim

-Ty

Sep 1, 2007
Australia
It's always a risk to use a new deck cold. (Not as in temp.)

I like a deck that's been broken in, and always prefer to break new decks in with some springs and shuffles. I think new bikes' edges feel horrible.

Ty

Sep 1, 2007
I like a brand new deck the most. lets say you're going to do 8 table faro shuffles, it gets very difficult if you're not using a new deck so I like to use them as well for practice ass for shows

Sep 1, 2007
Love 'em broken in, just not too much. Im not a big fan of running my routine with a freshly opened pack of cards....just a little use and theyre ready to roll for me.

-Jonny V

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results