Books

Jun 20, 2008
Belchertown, MA
Im looking for anyone who can tell me some great card magic books to pick up. I know theres a bunch so just give me your top say 2 or 3. Thanks

Mat

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
Im looking for anyone who can tell me some great card magic books to pick up. I know theres a bunch so just give me your top say 2 or 3. Thanks

Mat

RRTCM FTW!

//Royal Road to Card Magic- THE Review//

But, that's more of a beginner's book. The Paper Engine is also fantastic, and "Session" by Joshua Jay, apart from being my favorite magic book EVER, contains some awesome card work. If you're into DVDs at all, you might want to look into Gregory Wilson's "Card Stunts" and "Pyrotechnic Pasteboards"... they're freakin' awesome, too.

//Card Stunts Review//

//Pyrotechnic Pasteboards Review//

//Session Review//

Apr 28, 2008
The best for me have been The Art of Astonishment Vol 1-3 by Paul Harris. There is some incredible magic in them and they are also some of the most entertaining magic books you will ever read.

Sep 1, 2007
Houston TX
Shoot us a call at H&R magic books (we have over 3000 books i know i counted!)

281-540-7229

or check out www.magicbookshop.com

personally what i think are amazing books would be...

-paper engine by aaron fisher
-classics of larry jennings by Mike Maxwell
-magic of le paul by lepaul
-decksterity by harry loranye
-expert card technique

Jun 10, 2008
You little stalker!
GEez how come no one has suggested TOOC yet? Totally out of control by chris kenner is an amazing book. You could also try: The paper engine, expert card technique, and card control (by arthur buckley)

and Bobo's Modern Coin Magic.

The thread poster was asking for card magic books.

GEez how come no one has suggested TOOC yet? Totally out of control by chris kenner is an amazing book.

I almost reccommended it but seeing as approximately half the tricks are coins and half cards I was unsure if it would be a good buy for someone only interested in cards (well as far as I know). Another look at the book and I second Totally Out of Control, the card work is worth it along (the coin is icing on the cake :D , vice versa to a coin person).

~PaCo

Jun 13, 2008
Tacoma, WA
Royal Road to Card Magic
Card College (all 5 volumes)

These 2, most card magicians will agree are foundational books for any card magician. However you probably won't need both. If you are on a budget, go for Royal Road.

Michael Kras

{dg} poet laureate / theory11
Sep 12, 2007
Canada
www.magicanada.myfastforum.org
My collection is:

The Paper Engine by Aaron Fisher
Semi-Automatic Card Tricks 7 by Steve Beam
Tarbell 1-8
Unexplainable Acts by Gary Kurtz
Beyond Secrets by Jay Sankey
Sankey Unleashed by Jon Racherbaumer
Prism by Max Maven
The Art of Astonishment 1-3 by Paul Harris
By Forces Unseen by Stephen Minch
The Vernon Chronicles Volume One by Stephen Minch
Totally Out Of Control by Chris Kenner
5 Points in Magic by Juan Tamariz
Mnemonica by Juan Tamariz
Building Blocks by Luke Jermay
3510 by Luke Jermay
Lifesavers by Michael Weber

Out of them, my favourites are Mnemonica, The Vernon Chronicles, By Forces Unseen, Totally Out of Control, Prism, The Art of Astonishment, and Sankey Unleashed.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results