Pass Help

Ken Krenzel I believe suggested making a bigger gap along the entire right side of the packet just prior to the pass.

Your problem however is most likely due to lack of practice.. Train your self to grip the upper packet only an have minimal contact and pressure on the card below the break..
Eventually it will come to you...

Jan 16, 2008
Just another quick side question; is the pass from bottom pack to top better, or the pass from top to bottom? I'm so used to bottom-to-top that whenever I do top-to-bottom, it doesn't feel right at all.

Aug 16, 2008
i had the same expierience a top to bottom is much swifter and jay sankey has a few great tips for the pass on how to make it look better (way better job than E they make you look like your hands shart at chest height and ends at below waist level ill look to see which one for you

Jun 10, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
loosen up the grip. That's the best thing you can do to avoid dragging that card round.
I got some great advice from Dan Harlan on passing. He elevates the bottom packet to chest level as they replace the card, then brings the bottom packet over the top to meet it. He passes as he lowers the deck to waist level. This may be helpful in your case, because the pass can be executed VERY loosely under the big motions misdirection.

Hope this helps, bud.

Any more clarification, PM me.

CL

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 14, 2008
To work on your pass, you need to loosen up in the top back. When executing the pass, let your hand (the one with the pinky break) to lift up and your left hand to slowly fall so that way, the packet will fall under your complete control. Work on the slowness and then speed it up.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results