Branded by Tim Trono

Sep 22, 2007
Hey guys i am highly considering purchasing this effect but my only question is is the blister visual does it look real? Is it easy to see? or is it like a bare outline? Because for the price i don't want people searching for it i mean is there any pictures of what it looks like when blistered because in all the performance videos they never show the camera and also in all of your opinions is it worth purchasing?

Thanks so much
Adam

P.S. Is it my best bet out of all card blister effects

Aug 22, 2008
I have heard that only 3 different cards can be revealed using Branded, which gives the trick severe limitations when performing.

I suggest you stick with Third Degree Burn, at least that can can be performed using any card from the deck. :cool:

Best regards,

The Gramercy Riff

Sep 1, 2007
I'm not sure why people make a dig deal out of the 3-card limit. If you perform in a strolling setting, you won't be seeing these people again for god knows how long. Unless you're in the habit of doing the same trick about 18 times to the same group in the same evening, I can't see repetition being that much of an issue.

And as for any card in the deck, I stopped falling for that buzz a long time ago. I do Red Hot Mama a lot, but I tend to use the same five cards from day-to-day (a royal flush of spades) simply because it's easy for me to remember.

Sep 22, 2007
But is it good that doesn't like answer my Q i have absolutely no problem with the three card limit i think that's surprisingly good i do wire grams and have no problem. ( Wire grams can only be done with one card) But now that that's cleared up can you answer the questions in the post

Sep 1, 2007
A guy at the local magic shop demoed it for me last week.

Let me put it this way: It hurt to watch. The blisters look that real.

Sep 2, 2007
I have gotten great reactions even with just a minimal presentation effort. At work, Hey wanna see something weird... perform. People cringe, and when you think about it there are more selections than just three, however they might be harder to apply the blister. The only limitation is that you have to have a lighter.

Its great; something that you can carry with you always. The only problem I could foresee anyone having is that since it is such a visual effect, people will want to see it again. Its not too much of a problem though, because a real simple out is to just say "No, do you know how much that stings/hurts, Maybe later" Or one could just under-react and just burn yourself and nonchalantly reveal the blister, that could mess up the performance.

The gimmick should last a lifetime, unless you lose it or somehow purposely try to break it. And you do get two gimmicks, one for a mini bic lighter. What is really great about it is that it can be performed with minimal sleight of hand and if handled properly can build your "magical confidence" as noone would suspect that type of gimmick, even though it is in front of them. They also never think of a force or suspect that you did some typical card sleight.

If you can afford it I would get it. This is my first card blister effect, so i dont know how the others compare, but I do remember some diatribe about the development of branded, and it does mention that others had pointy edges among other things whereas the edges of the blister in branded are rounded to look realistic

Jan 19, 2008
It looks real, but I would get third degree burn. It may be a little more diffucult, but worth the practise! Also i don not agree with this being a "step up" in blistering effects, if anything it is a step down as the limitations and where the limitions are. IMO

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results