Prophet Or Extreme Burn?

Jul 29, 2008
Please please read what I'm going to say before this starts some kind of a war between the two.
Recently I've wanted to get a bill switch and I really like Theory 11 and thier products but Extreme Burn looks awesome aswell.
So I have a few questions and also what would YOU guys recommend?
And also would it be worth the cash if I bought both?
And lastly I should note that I'm in Canada so I only have Canadian bills.
1. Which one is more angle sensetive?
2. Which one is more I guess like impressive? Or should I say which packs a bigger punch visually.
3. Are either one's examinable at any point during the trick?
4. Can I ditch the gimmick?

Jan 14, 2008
philippines
TheoryGV is right they both use the same gimmick but i think EB has something diff. im not sure

in terms of handling prophet is the most natural in my opinion tom teaches 2 handling...

in EB i think you get alot of handlings

but remember like any other effect may it be cards or coins...
''SIMPLE HITS HARD''

Aug 5, 2008
Prophet or Extreme Burn: My take

1. Which one is more angle sensetive?

2. Which one is more I guess like impressive? Or should I say which packs a bigger punch visually.

3. Are either one's examinable at any point during the trick?

4. Can I ditch the gimmick?

1. In my personal opinion, I would say that Prophet is more angle sensitive. Extreme Burn has that something extra to allow it to be performed even surrounded.

2. The change itself is already visually impressive. Prophet - if my memory does not fail me - offers two ways to change the bills, whereas Extreme Burn offers eight or so. The latter also has a bonus - Slow Burn - which was an effect released also by Richard Sanders way back.

3. Yes... and no. If you have any other Easy Money variations, you would know why.

4. A more appropriate question perhaps would be: Would I end clean? Well, in short, no. However, you can hand out the other normal - non-gimmicked - bills for examination.

If you have further queries, you are welcome to send me a private message.

Sep 2, 2007
Personally I like Prophet, as it goes more into making the gimmick and really covers the details of performance. With Prophet, the bill switch still shows the face of the "switched" bills. If you follow the directions in Extreme Burn, you will start showing the faces of the bills, then end up showing the backs of the "changed" bills. You do get alot of different ways to display the change with Extreme Burn and it is easier to perform than prophet however they are both pretty easy.

If you are torn, get both as the extra gimmick from extreme burn can still be used with prophet and nuances explained in prophet can be applied to the gimmick in extreme burn. If you cant afford both, flip a coin. You really wont be disappointed with either.

I would have given an F for the dude that sayd that Prophet and EB have the same gimmick. They do not!

Prophet has a very easy way of chancing the bill it dosent involve much work. But the EB has a lot to work with. The move is a little harder but it gives a much much bigger punch(ive seen it close up and ive owned one also had great reactions). Eb is almost 360 degrees if you have the move veryvery down...But its best to preform it for people standing infront or at the side. The side view is great.

Mikk

Jun 10, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
Extreme Burn comes with a selection of different handlings. You could do the original change, then perform a slower change as an encore, where t he transformation is alot more magical rather than sudden and startling. Basically doing the same effect twice, but the second part would strengthen the first phase rather than weaken it.

I would go with 'Burn. Rich is a genius, and although Prophet looks REALLY good, I would just opt for 'Burn for the variety of handlings.

CL

Sep 1, 2007
Los Angeles, California
I would have given an F for the dude that sayd that Prophet and EB have the same gimmick. They do not!

Prophet has a very easy way of chancing the bill it dosent involve much work. But the EB has a lot to work with. The move is a little harder but it gives a much much bigger punch(ive seen it close up and ive owned one also had great reactions). Eb is almost 360 degrees if you have the move veryvery down...But its best to preform it for people standing infront or at the side. The side view is great.

Mikk
I'm guessing you were referring to me. I did not say they both used the same gimmick. I simply replied that a lot of bill changes today like Hundy 500, etc. Uses the same gimmick(or similar) in Prophet.

I would've given a straight yes or no answer but I don't have Extreme Burn and they pretty much looked the same to me and people who own EB told me they are generally the same as Prophet.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results