Criss Angel : Opinion

alrite i know theres some of you who really do like criss angel, and i really liked him to until this new season of mindfreak, but i would like to especially talk about this new episode where he is a slieght of hand guy. Criss angel preform grandpas aces, an ace assembly. you could see his breaks, counts, no subleties or anything, and they said criss's sleight of hand was second to none. BULLSPIT! and it makes me mad that he says these are his magic demonstrations. he doesnt come up with spit, its his fantasico team members who do all of it. and one more thing, he wants peole to believe in magic. What is more insulting to the laymens intellegence. Criss angel was good at first, but hes let one illness get ahold of him, the illness of money.

Jan 5, 2008
Oklahoma
Good lord man, if you had the chance to make 20 million dollars wouldn't you put on eye shadow and ask everyone if "they're ready?" I sure would. I don't care for Criss Angel but I don't blame him for wanting to make some money. I like classic Triumph just as much as the next man, but that ain't gonna get you a tv show. If his sleight of hand isn't up to par in the magicians eyes that's ok, as long as laymen don't catch it. That's the whole point of magic, not to fool other magicians, but to entertain people. You know you would call yourself the sleight of hand king if you had the chance make a mil or two. Anyone would and it's ok to do that.

Good lord man, if you had the chance to make 20 million dollars wouldn't you put on eye shadow and ask everyone if "they're ready?" I sure would. I don't care for Criss Angel but I don't blame him for wanting to make some money. I like classic Triumph just as much as the next man, but that ain't gonna get you a tv show. If his sleight of hand isn't up to par in the magicians eyes that's ok, as long as laymen don't catch it. That's the whole point of magic, not to fool other magicians, but to entertain people. You know you would call yourself the sleight of hand king if you had the chance make a mil or two. Anyone would and it's ok to do that.

Very well said. Besides the whole point of magic is too impress the spectators and make them believe in magic. Criss has done that so I like him. By the way. I forgot teh mindfreak started. The new season that is. I have a few questions?

1. What was in the envelope from phenomenon the second envelope.
2. Is there a link to this episode?
3. Can fat people go skinny dipping?:eek:

James Wise Magic

Elite Member
Dec 28, 2007
Very well said. Besides the whole point of magic is too impress the spectators and make them believe in magic. Criss has done that so I like him. By the way. I forgot teh mindfreak started. The new season that is. I have a few questions?

1. What was in the envelope from phenomenon the second envelope.
2. Is there a link to this episode?
3. Can fat people go skinny dipping?:eek:

Strangely, he hasn't revealed it yet. Even though he said that he would reveal it on the premire episode, he didn't.

Aug 23, 2008
im all for making money, however, i'd have to agree about the whole 'believe that it is magic' part...i really respect the way Blaine understands the whole magical element, but acknowledges the fact its only possible with skill. Angel on the hand would have you believe that it real magic, only possible with some mystical connection that he and only he alone possesses. the fact that he ridicules Blaine rather than acknowledging him as a fellow magician is just a lack of character on his part.

(sorry didnt mean to make this a blaine vs. angel post, but in the context of household magic names, its hard not to.)

May 3, 2008
Singapore
www.youtube.com
Good lord man, if you had the chance to make 20 million dollars wouldn't you put on eye shadow and ask everyone if "they're ready?"

Yes. Yes i would.
Oh, and on the Blaine comment, since when did Blaine have anyone believe his magic was through skill alone?
I know I thought he was some demon spawned from hell when i saw the first special.

Strangely, he hasn't revealed it yet. Even though he said that he would reveal it on the premire episode, he didn't.

Actually, he revealed that it was '9/11' in the envelope - explaining that if it could have been predicted, then it could have been less worse or avoidable. I think it was revealed on the last episode - I'm not too sure.

Nov 15, 2007
Raleigh, NC
Angel on the hand would have you believe that it real magic, only possible with some mystical connection that he and only he alone possesses. the fact that he ridicules Blaine rather than acknowledging him as a fellow magician is just a lack of character on his part.

Actually, Criss Angel is the first to say that NOBODY has any sort of magical or mystical powers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtlpkjGXQeQ <--about 3 minutes in he says something like 'I do things to blur the lines to show that a lot of the thing [speaking about putting hooks into his back and flying] are not BS, but a lot of them are BS.'

He even reveals a trick, and that he's doing the same thing again in what was season 3...and the fact that he said it should have ruined the illusion, but millions of people probably think he has magical powers or uses crazy camera tricks...

I didn't see his close up work-with the cards-but He was born to do stage magic and large illusions, so I could actually see him doing less impressive magic with cards or 'street' elements.

Oh-and every magician that does a ton of illusions has a team of consultants, Blaine for instance has Dan White among others, David Copperfield had Chris Kenner and probably a whole slew of others helping him.

Most magicians come up with an idea and then ask 'How can this be accomplished?' and they all figure it out together or have someone figure it out for them. It's not a big deal really, any effect you learned from a DVD or Book is the same thing, your routine was bought like a consultant would be, through a different apparatus maybe, but its the same thing essentially.

So unless you have come up with every sleight in every trick with all original material yourself, you can not call someone else out for having people help him.

Mar 6, 2008
Walla Walla WA
Criss Angel? A man in the magic field that have made something for himself i don't see a problem with this. I do have a problem with what he has done this season in the respect that he has let what people have said to him get to him. Now it seems that after everything he does he has to make a point to tell everyone that he is great but, i still watch. Until there is someone else that I find entertaining than I will watch.

lets clarify things a bit. i know most illusionatemen have teams, but criss claims they are his own effects.
and the reason i dont liek him magic is NOT about the money, and if you think it is, your in magic for the wrong reason.
criss angel used to claim he was just doing illusions. not anymore. the new criss angel whats people to believe. what does that do? insults there intellegence.

lets clarify things a bit. i know most illusionatemen have teams, but criss claims they are his own effects.
and the reason i dont liek him magic is NOT about the money, and if you think it is, your in magic for the wrong reason.
criss angel used to claim he was just doing illusions. not anymore. the new criss angel whats people to believe.

Everything is about money. You go to school so one day you can get a well paid job and get money to feed yourself and your family. People get jobs so they can get money. Magicians are entertainers. We do things that other people can't. Why don't we use our talent and get paid for it. I mean whats the point of practice for hours if you do it to make yourself feel good. I think it's great that criss angel is making people believe in magic. It's always good to have someone say "Damn!!This guy is better than Criss Angel". In my opinion Criss is helping our performances. The whole claiming thing well it doesn't really matter. Tricks have been redone. The magicians working for him don't care if he says they are his tricks so why should we.

Sep 16, 2007
Georgia
I can't stand Criss Angel, I am only sickened by the fact that he wins the Magician of the Year Award a lot considering it's suppose to be the person that has who has made the most impact on the international world of magic. I think he hurts magic more than helps it, however Angels supporters do have an opinion even if it's a misguided one.

Dec 13, 2007
North Hollywood
I enjoy watching him, he has made a living for himself and a very good one at that, he may not be anywhere near the level of the buck twins or any of the other pros when it comes to slight of hand, hell he probably isnt even up to the level as a lot of members on the forums, but he entertains the masses. He may use the camera to his advantage at times, but wouldn't you too if you got paid what he gets paid. He is getting more and more people interested in magic, thus making our community bigger. Even if some of the tricks he does can not be achived in real life, it gives you a chance to find a way to actually make the effect happen.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results