Need help with Eko

I've been working through the flourishes in the Trilogy (so far the Molecule and Akira) and have struggled with Eko. I can do the first bit pretty well, but am having trouble getting the two packets around each other in my left hand. My hand is pretty big and pretty flexible, so I don't think it is that. Any tips that might help me with this? If you like I could post a video of me trying to execute the flourish. Thanks in advance!

Kristian

Jun 20, 2008
Just practice. I use to have trouble with it but just work on it and you'll get it eventually. :D

"Just practice" isn't helpful; I've been working on it for two months. There's no reason to keep on doing it the wrong way if there's an easier way of doing it. There's obviously a technical reason I'm having trouble moving the cards in my left hand, one that isn't being solved by practice.

Jun 10, 2008
You little stalker!
i believe the sperate hands parts, for the left hand, is just a scissor cut. You could try doing a scissor cut, then not closing it, then bring the packet back, then repeat. That's my only tip. other than that, watch the explanation over and over again

Jun 28, 2008
Missoula, Montana
I've been working through the flourishes in the Trilogy (so far the Molecule and Akira) and have struggled with Eko. I can do the first bit pretty well, but am having trouble getting the two packets around each other in my left hand. My hand is pretty big and pretty flexible, so I don't think it is that. Any tips that might help me with this? If you like I could post a video of me trying to execute the flourish. Thanks in advance!

Kristian

can you be more specific in what part you are struggling with?

Jun 20, 2008
"Just practice" isn't helpful; I've been working on it for two months. There's no reason to keep on doing it the wrong way if there's an easier way of doing it. There's obviously a technical reason I'm having trouble moving the cards in my left hand, one that isn't being solved by practice.

well, why don't you be more specific. And no it's not obvious that there's a technical reason for why your having trouble. I'm 13 and I can do it fine so practice because there's not an easier way to do it.:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Oh and btw it took me about six months to master so wait another four. Plus, next time instead of complaining about my tips not helping, try to figure out that that is the only solution I know so a "Thanks for trying" might help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 17, 2007
I understand your trouble. I was having trouble on this too. It is basically a reverse scissor cut. There is a one handed shuffle where all you do is reverse scissor cuts. Well, my advice to you is just stretch your hand as far as possible. Also, make sure your gripping the packet with your pinky as well. If you are still having trouble. I'll make a small video for you. Just PM me.

Ace of Helpfulness and Fatality said:
I understand your trouble. I was having trouble on this too. It is basically a reverse scissor cut. There is a one handed shuffle where all you do is reverse scissor cuts. Well, my advice to you is just stretch your hand as far as possible. Also, make sure your gripping the packet with your pinky as well.

Thanks! I went to YouTube and watched a scissor cut tutorial, went back and watch the overview for Eko, and it helped a great deal. My left hand fingers are screaming.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results