Ghost Gaff vs Black Tiger Gaff vs Trilogy DVD's and Split Spades?

Aug 17, 2008
Ann Arbor, MI
Hey... i havent ordered anything from T11 but... should i get the trilogy DVDS with a deck of Split Spades... or should i get ghost gaff from E?? Or even Black Tiger gaff from E???

I need help!!

Please help

Dec 20, 2007
Joplin, Mo., USA
Hey... i havent ordered anything from T11 but... should i get the trilogy DVDS with a deck of Split Spades... or should i get ghost gaff from E?? Or even Black Tiger gaff from E???

I need help!!

Please help

We can't help until you tell us more about what you want to do, what level of skill you have, that kind of thing. The best thing to get may not be either of the options you mentioned. Tell us more...

Aug 17, 2008
Ann Arbor, MI
My Skill Level is actaually a begginer... i am really into the magic..... but i think i could get into the cardistry, but once again im a begginner. so i saw the trilogy and saw there was good tricks, and flourishing... but once again i think they might be hard for me because i've heard that dan and dave could have some tricky things on the dvd. so could you help... if i was to rate my self of a magician i would say about a 6.5 out of 10 and 0 out of 10 in cardistry...

Dec 20, 2007
Joplin, Mo., USA
My Skill Level is actaually a begginer... i am really into the magic..... but i think i could get into the cardistry, but once again im a begginner. so i saw the trilogy and saw there was good tricks, and flourishing... but once again i think they might be hard for me because i've heard that dan and dave could have some tricky things on the dvd. so could you help... if i was to rate my self of a magician i would say about a 6.5 out of 10 and 0 out of 10 in cardistry...

K, my hunch was right. I'd recommend you do a little more shopping before making your decision.

A good way to judge whether the Trilogy would work for you is to check out the 1-on-1s with Dan and Dave. I have Tivo 2.0 and Hoffzy Osborne; the first I still have problems with, the latter I absorbed better. Another way to check their teaching style: Look for the Jones Change, a free vid on the Buck's Web site.

Gaff card magic is awesome, if you have the sleight of hand to back it up. Unless you go full monte and get Ultragaff, I wouldn't get a gaff deck without getting E's Army of 52.

But, you may benefit more from learning some basic sleight of hand. The book Royal Road to Card Magic is, in a word, invaluable.

Feel free to PM if you have any other questions.

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Mo is right... If you're a beginner, you should not get the Gaff decks alone - you won't have the necessary skills and experience yet to use them. The Trilogy will also be much too hard for a beginner, especially the cardistry DVD. Search the forums for some products for beginners, Card College, Royal Road as above, to name but two are ones that are constantly suggested for good reason.

Apr 28, 2008

I would say The Trilogy is not for a beginner, many of the moves are fairly challenging. They also need to be performed very smoothly to make them look good, this would probably not be possible for a beginner.

I've seen the effects on The Trilogy performed by people who are obviously not ready to learn them and they don't look good, all the elegance in them is completely lost.

If you get a Gaff deck I would recommend getting a DVD to accompany it. Either Army of 52 if you get the Red or Blue, Ghost or Tiger Gaff decks. Or the set of Ultragaff DVD's if you get the Ultragaff deck.

However, I would recommend getting a better understanding or basic sleight of hand before getting a gaff deck. Several good sources have already been mentioned such as Royal Road to Card magic and Card College.

If you prefer to learn from DVD, as many people do, then I would recommend either Crash Course 1 by Ellusionist or Born to Perform by Penguinmagic.

Jul 26, 2008
NJ
Definitely don't get the Trilogy, as it is way too hard for you. And don't get the Split Spades, as they're mainly for show, and if you are a novice like you say, the special finish and stock will not really help you much.

If you had to get something that you mentioned, I'd get a regular Bicycle gaff deck.

Jan 14, 2008
philippines
ok so if you are a beginner i'd say get any of the gaff decks but if you really want the trilogy go ahead and get it the moves there are not for beginners though but im just a few months into magic when i got the trilogy and yes i had a hard time but the longer you practce the easier it gets.. may i remind you the effects on the trilogy are not that hard hitting but really good for strolling type of invironment more like shoe me a trick moments.... trust me theres a ton of things you'll get from it so go and get it.......

-neco

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
With enough practice I'm sure you could do Trilogy... But I still wouldn't recommend it from experience. When I started flourishing, I had no idea what I was doing and my first flourish was what was a relatively hard one. Because of that, it look about 3 months to learn - it should've taken 1. That's all I'm saying - you can learn it, but it'll take much longer than it should and you'll probably be better off getting it later if you want it in my opinion.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results