I need a practice routine

Sep 1, 2007
I'm trying to commit myself to really learn my flourishes. I have plenty of time to spare and I have access to videos of how to flourish, but my practices are unregimented and therefore, I'm not really learning anything.

For those of you who do flourishing on a regular basis, how do you practice? What do you do and in what order and for how long? I need a routine that I can go through everyday to help me get my flourishes down.

Any help would be great.

Thanks.

I mainly nailed down the basic fans in the beginning. A pressure fan is your best bet because most laymen will be impressed by it. Next, the basic sybil by Chris Kenner is a must. From there, follow your DVDs and books in order from which they teach you.

Sep 1, 2007
I'm sorry if I wasn;t entirely clear.

What I need is something along the lines of:

Finger exercizes for x minutes/hours

Basic cuts for x minutes/hours

Advanced cuts for x minutes/hours.

Something that I can look at and say "Ok, for the next hour, I'm practicing Sybil."

Or is this all just wishful thinking?

I see...I think history has proven that creativity comes when you're unburdened. If you commit yourself to a strict regiment like this, it could hinder your creativity. But I could be wrong. I personally just jam in front of my TV whenever I have the time to. It really depends on how long you intend to practice

Aug 31, 2007
Long Island
when your watching T.V. practice, when ur in the car, flourish- when ur bored, practice- when ur waiting for someone, practice- when you think ur not good enough, practice- when ur in flea markets, practice- when ur walking down the street, practice.

follow this, and you wont hate flourishing as if u were routined and forced.

Sep 2, 2007
Stockholm Sweden
Well i dont have a routine like you want, but i do the finger rutine that dan and dave teaches on the trilogy when ever i have time. And whenever im waching TV or just dont have anything to do i just play with the cards.

Aug 31, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
when your watching T.V. practice, when ur in the car, flourish- when ur bored, practice- when ur waiting for someone, practice- when you think ur not good enough, practice- when ur in flea markets, practice- when ur walking down the street, practice.

follow this, and you wont hate flourishing as if u were routined and forced.

you forgot

Practise when your on the toilet practise in your sleep practise when your swimming practise in class

Sep 4, 2007
Me, I practise every chance I have, every minute that I get, because I always feel like it. A deck of cards in my hands feels wonderful, and since I can do some pretty cool stuff with it, I may as well spend my free time making it better.

hyo

Sep 1, 2007
Mormally I spend at least 30minutes per day on new stuff and about 1hour on basics. Some advises for practicing from me would be some sort like this:

• When in front of the Computer, or while writting something, just do some One-handed stuff.

• While watching somethin (TV, Film...) do some easy, basic cuts like sybil or some molecules etc.

• For harder material, which you haven't mastered yet, take some more time.

And just always carry a deck with you! Often you get great opportunities to just practice while traveling, at school or just whenever you've nothing to do...

Sep 1, 2007
Los Angeles, California
Just do the flourishes over and over.... have some patience.
Don't think of it as practice, but like a normal thing as watching tv or eating.
Thats what I do and I'm doing okay(I guess) for 1-2 months...

Sep 9, 2007
I'm actually quite surprised alot of you guys suggest watching tv or doing any kind of other activity while practicing. In my opinion it's okay if you got the move down completely but absolutely not when you aren't familiar with the mechanics yet. When I sit down and really learn a flourish I "examine" everything I do. For example when I notice a certain packet keeps getting unsquared so to say, I kind off trace down to where the core of that particular problem is. Sometimes I didn't grip the packet correctly a couple of moves before.
I hope this makes sense. As I said before, if you got something down completely, you can then move on to doing it 24/7 until your body picks up the motions and gets used to them. Speed and smoothness will off course increase from that point on.

Maybe this is obvious to some of you but I hope it helps =]

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results