TAB-Loid: Would YOU buy it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 26, 2008
NJ
All right, thanks to all of that have replied (especially Sean). One thing I want to make clear: I was going to sell it privately, not publish it somewhere, kind of like a "PM me to buy it" type of thing, and I wasn't going to do it right now. I have decided that I will not pursue this for several reasons:
(A) It is too similar to other effects being sold
(B) The overall response here was mainly negative
(C) The method is somewhat disappointing
(D) I'm hungry.
Again, thank you, and I would appreciate it if a moderator could close this thread.

Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert
:
I'm pretty sure you didn't blatantly see the method, because there was no flashing at all. PM me so I know if you are actually right.

Well , phenomena, hey man, chill out! what's wrong with you? If you are not going to say something that contributes something either to teddy or to the forums then don't say anything man.

Teddy I'm happy to now that there are people out there that are trying to think out of the box, dont let things like that damage your ego.

Cheers!:D

D

Deleted member 2755

All right, thanks to all of that have replied (especially Sean). One thing I want to make clear: I was going to sell it privately, not publish it somewhere, kind of like a "PM me to buy it" type of thing, and I wasn't going to do it right now. I have decided that I will not pursue this for several reasons:
(A) It is too similar to other effects being sold
(B) The overall response here was mainly negative
(C) The method is somewhat disappointing
(D) I'm hungry.
Again, thank you, and I would appreciate it if a moderator could close this thread.

Glad you made that decision. I apologize for my response on the first page. (Obviously why I edited it.) I realized that I overreacted to this and my post should had been more constructive. Again, for that I apologize. I also appreciate the fact that you are not selling this because of it's similarity to what's already out there. It's hard to come up with anything original nowadays, but the reward for doing so is great. You'll think of something great someday I'm sure. :) I'm hungry as well... As for your method comment, that should never stop you. I get more than angry when I see a "magician" get all pissed because when they learn the method to an effect, it's not as magical as they thought.

That's the thing with magic guys. It's a secret. It's an illusion. It is not real magic. The spectator sees magic. You do not. It's a secret. Your in on it. They aren't. Their experience in seeing the magic is way different than your experience of magic because you are the one performing the magic. It's like the method for Control. Wayne even said on the DVD not to try and kill him through the TV screen. ;) All that matters is what the spectator sees. If something is magical to them and it's practical to perform, then it is a good trick. (under most circumstances... I'm not being to specific here.:p) If the method is "stupid", it should not really matter. I never not buy something that looks amazing because the method is "stupid" or "disappointing" according to some people. Of course it's disappointing... you saw magic and was floored by it. It's no longer magic when you know the method. I remember my first magic DVD Sinful. I died a little inside when I learned the method. ;)

I will fulfill your request and lock this thread.

-Doug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results