Best Trick for School?

Jul 3, 2008
arizona
i do alot of card tricks at school and i do stigmata alot. so the kids at school expect alot from me. but i am running out of tricks and i have to come up with my own tricks right on the spot and doing that 5 to 8 time a day i'm running out of ideas . so what i am trying to say is do you know of any tricks that can be repeated alot and get great reactions every time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 10, 2007
Hold on man you should not be performing tricks every day to your school. I only perform one or two tricks a week to my school. But one amazing effect is COLD by Dee Christopher.

Jul 3, 2008
arizona
Hold on man you should not be performing tricks every day to your school. I only perform one or two tricks a week to my school.

i know but they surround me during free time during class and the only way to get them to go away is to do a trick then they tell me to do it again then when i dont a friend of mine threatens to reveal stigmata cause for some wierd reason we knows how to make the cards or names which ever i do show up on your arm. it makes me want to hit him some times that he would reveal my tricks.

Oct 3, 2007
germany
I would recommend getting a book such as the Royal Road to Card Magic, and looking through for some simple but practical effects to hold yourself over with new material if you must. I would also recommend cutting down the amount you perform; keep it exclusive :p.

Sep 1, 2007
Worcester, UK
School is for learning, not a place to practice a hobby, at the end of the day are you going to get more from an education or performing little card tricks?

Dec 4, 2007
www.thrallmind.com
School is for learning, not a place to practice a hobby, at the end of the day are you going to get more from an education or performing little card tricks?

Well, there's lunch. Waiting for class to start. Changing in between classes. Waiting for buses to come...

I'm almost done with college, I haven't been in High School for a bit, but I assume all those things still happen, right? ;)

-ThrallMind

May 2, 2008
i know but they surround me during free time during class and the only way to get them to go away is to do a trick then they tell me to do it again then when i dont a friend of mine threatens to reveal stigmata cause for some wierd reason we knows how to make the cards or names which ever i do show up on your arm. it makes me want to hit him some times that he would reveal my tricks.

Wow, that is a great friend you have there.

I'm sure doing a trick isn't the only way to get them away..

Sep 1, 2007
Worcester, UK
Well, there's lunch. Waiting for class to start. Changing in between classes. Waiting for buses to come...

I'm almost done with college, I haven't been in High School for a bit, but I assume all those things still happen, right? ;)

-ThrallMind

Haha, Yes, it is at these time you talk to your friends, not make yourself look like an idiot performing tricks. There is a time and a place, but wait, they don't teach you that here so you wouldn't know.

Sep 1, 2007
Worcester, UK

What more do i have you say?

Apr 28, 2008

If people did that to me i'd tell them to **** off, I can't believe you tolerate this behaviour. You're a magician not a trained monkey that does a trick whenever they want. Next time this happens make it clear to them that you perform on your terms not theirs. I'd also suggest finding a new friend, he sounds like a complete moron.

Trying to learn new tricks is completely pointless, it's impossible to continue at this rate.

I'd suggest learning a 10 - 20 minute routine and getting it perfect, then perform that if you want to. Don't just keep doing tricks whenever people want you to.

May 8, 2008
England
If people did that to me i'd tell them to **** off, I can't believe you tolerate this behaviour. You're a magician not a trained monkey that does a trick whenever they want. Next time this happens make it clear to them that you perform on your terms not theirs. I'd also suggest finding a new friend, he sounds like a complete moron.

Trying to learn new tricks is completely pointless, it's impossible to continue at this rate.

I'd suggest learning a 10 - 20 minute routine and getting it perfect, then perform that if you want to. Don't just keep doing tricks whenever people want you to.

Pretty much summed up my feelings.

What you perform is personal, it's what'll work for you. In the situation that I want to show a trick, at the moment a 2 card monte, little one of my sandwhich effects or an ACR normally happens, or a trick of mine thats a card revelation with a few twists. This is all I show, unless I'm really out there to perform.

Try not to get known for your tricks. It's a lot cooler to talk to people when you like each for who you are rather than have a crowd of people who are only around you because they want to see something to amuse them and take up their time.

-S

May 18, 2008
This is finnally somethign I can comment on.

For years I went through the same thing. (I am in High School now)

The magic secret I found out was to NOT tell them to **** off or tell them to go away.

What I do, is if I feel like performing, or if they won't leave me alone, I do like an impromptu show of say, 20-30 minutes of magic.

I won't say that I never run out of material; everyone does. When that happens, I reccomend turning it from magic to comedy. I end up just joking around with everyone, practicing different comedy sets.

It is kinda hard to explain; just roll with the flow. Always leave them wanting more. Another thing I do is I will pull out my bussiness card and just tenkai palm it over and over until someone yells, "WOAH!". I hand them the card and they seem to be more amazed by it then my magic.

Don't tell them anything that isn't profffesional; treat them as if they were paying you to do a show. But don't be a performing monkey. You will find the balance sooner or later. Right now, in total, I only perform about 45 minutes a day at school; comedy and magic.

If you must have one more thing, then make up something on the spot. Try out some new moves. Pick up some crayons off the floor and do something. Do a book test. Whatever you can.

(Performing a lot at school, you can generally get the teachers involved which is a great way to get on thier good side.)

Hope that helps!

Dec 4, 2007
www.thrallmind.com
There is a time and a place, but wait, they don't teach you that here so you wouldn't know.

I normally don't do this, but...

Buddy, Ive been doing magic for 12 years now. I can ASSURE you T11 wasn't around when I learned my stuff. Assuming I'm another magic wannabe clone is also a very ignorant thing. I wont call you stupid for making that comment, instead I'll say ignorant, because you were uneducated to this info.

Nice try on insulting my ability though. Very creative, original comeback there :rolleyes:

-ThrallMind

Jul 3, 2008
arizona
i know i do to much magic but what the topic is about is good magic tricks for school not how much of a jerk my friend i really don't consider him my friend thats just the best way to classify him.besides calling him a backstabbing friend that just uses people. but thats life we deal with it. SOOOO CAN WE GET BACK ON TOPIC . I just want to know what is the best effect for me to perform at school . By the way i do try to stop and i'm not much of a comedian.

May 18, 2008
I would say do just that thing where the card shoots out of the deck? The simple one where the top card is pulled down with the forfinger? I use that at least 20 times a day and it never fails to get reactions.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results