Best Trick for School?

Jul 14, 2008
You know, you gotta stop performing magic everyday because it causes you to run out of ideas. Take my advice (I am a high school student as well). I always perform magic in every other fridays because you will not run out of tricks. To answer your question, you could perform Chris Kenner's Five Speed by 1on1 (my personal favourite, lol). You could buy The Trilogy, Dangerous, The Royal Road to Card Magic, and so on.

i do alot of card tricks at school and i do stigmata alot. so the kids at school expect alot from me. but i am running out of tricks and i have to come up with my own tricks right on the spot and doing that 5 to 8 time a day i'm running out of ideas . so what i am trying to say is do you know of any tricks that can be repeated alot and get great reactions every time.

Yeah dude, I had the exact same problem last year. Only do tricks when you KNOW that you will get great reactions. Slow down the tricks and say you don't feel like it. As Tom Issacson said, you want the times you perform to be those special times that people will remember and look forward to. If you keep performing it will lose that. And also do tricks when their is a huge crowd, like the entire "african-american" football team, that's what made my reputation at school.
Z

May 18, 2008
Yeah dude, I had the exact same problem last year. Only do tricks when you KNOW that you will get great reactions. Slow down the tricks and say you don't feel like it. As Tom Issacson said, you want the times you perform to be those special times that people will remember and look forward to. If you keep performing it will lose that. And also do tricks when their is a huge crowd, like the entire "african-american" football team, that's what made my reputation at school.
Z

What the heck is that supposed to mean?

Mar 29, 2008
I'm not a racist, I'm just saying that black people generally give better reactions. Look who David Blaine performs for. I'm saying that they gave me my reputation at school as a magician.

hmm, just like the mexicans cleaned our school better than anyone else.

wait what?

Sep 16, 2007
Georgia
From all of my performances I have noticed, blacks do give better reactions than any other race. It's not racist, they just tend to be more open with reactions.

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
As a statement based on experience, I don't see the problem with this sort of generalisation. I get my fair share of racism, but I wouldn't be offended by something like that. Even here in Sydney, certain ethnic groups are more open and physical with each other than others are, a film I worked on showed that to me. Of course this won't be true for 100% of the population, but I personally don't see anything wrong with citing performance experience as long as it is not done in a derogatory way.

May 18, 2008
Can't go wrong with some impromptu coin tricks.

Jay Sankey's Shake and Bake and Slow Motion Coins Across 2 are things that I use at least 15 times a day, at school or not. The first can be found on Front Row Sankey, and the second on Anytime ANywhere.

Aug 16, 2008
oh yea and my high school is like clutch heaven our uniform is that kind of shirt (breast pocket) do that and tell them to stay away or youll steal all thier money

Jul 3, 2008
arizona
you know what just forget about the whole school thing and just post what gets the reactions you want. that leaves them wanting more. thats the kinda trick i want to here about .post those tricks please.

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Honestly? Take any trick you know, work on presentation until you can get that reaction with that trick. You won't be able to do it with everything - I know for example I can't present the Biddle Trick for crap - even though I know the movements perfectly, I just don't like the effect... But other things, just normal things, Triumph routines, etc., can get those sorts of reactions, you just need to work on them and explore them. Giving you a mindblowing trick by itself won't help really...

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results